Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Bug Spray to Clean Headlights (WARNING)

Discussion in 'Performance Lighting' started by dogfish246, September 29, 2014.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. dogfish246

dogfish246 Member

City, State:
    New Jersey
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2002 Ford Ranger V6 4x4
    Hey guys,

So I saw a new trend that many people were telling me about and it is to use bug spray to clean headlights. I wanted to look into how it works and if it really works so I made a video all about it. People have videos on YouTube showing amazing initial results, but is it real and does it last?

Let me know what you think of the video and let me know what you have used to clean headlights (and did it work well)?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. AXCL

AXCL New Member

City, State:
    Ajax, ON
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2015 Explorer Sport
    Hi Dogfish,

Great informative video, you have a knack for it.

I've never heard of this, but thanks to you, I'll know to never try it.

I've cleaned many old headlights, but I do it the good old polish way. Very similar to the toothpaste method, but with a real buffing compound and foam pad. If they are really far gone, I've even did a wet sand first. I've had 15 year old headlights look brand new aside from a few deep scratches.