"Build Your Own 2002 Explorer" Now Open | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

"Build Your Own 2002 Explorer" Now Open

FlyAU

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Atlanta, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 GLI, 2013 Escape
Well, FoMoCo has added the 2002 Explorer to the "Build Your Own" feature at www.fordvehicles.com. Here's a screen shot of my modest (in my opinion) session:

Dead Link Removed

A couple of gripes:
1. What? No 4.10 LSD?
2. No All-Terrain tires on a 4wd? What's up with that? Those Sh!#stones are coming off! BFG, here we come.
3. $32,035 is a wee bit expensive (as this one is equipped) in my book...hell, I can go buy a BMW for that much.

Yeah I "built" my own 2002 earlier and was also surprised at the fact they dropped the 4.10 Limited Slip. I do like how you can opt for different tires other than Firestone though. Yeah an $32K is a little much, but I wouldn't get the BMW. I'd go for the new Lexus IS 300.

Steve

I'm liking the Sport Tracs more and more since they changed the Explorer. Sure, it's not plush like the Limited Explorer, but I would rough it with the Medium Wedgewood ST, with leather, moonroof, 4.10LS, and so on.

Has anyone seen the new engine offering in the 4.0L SOHC group? Some gas/ethanol hybrid that actually will be sold? It's in the March Truckin' in the SUV guide.

Back