• Register Today It's free!

Buy or Wait?

TJM623

Reaction score
City, State
Strongsville, Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 XLT
I have enough money for my headunit...the question is should I wait until I get the xtra cash and get the subs,amp,speakers all with it? Or buy it as I get the cash for the part? I'd make a poll....but i don't no how :(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'd wait - chances are if it's gonna take you a while to get the system put together the price on the HU will either come down or it's model will be upgraded.

If you don't already have a cd player in your car then get it now, otherwise wait.

the only problem would be that after u installed the cd player you would have to uninstall it to hook up the rca jacks and what not once u got your subs and amp and install it back. if thats not a problem i would get it now so u have a cd player.

Depends on how long it is going to take you to get all of the money togeather to get the other stuff you want. Best prices usually come after Christmas. All electronics usally upgrade each year. I would say wait till you have enough money to get at least the amps with the HU. But everyone's situation is different and yours is no exception.

well i have stock cd player...just doesn't cut it though. I never thought about the price drops that's a great point...I have about 200$ atm and need at least 400$ more looks like i'll just wait =[

I'd buy new off eBay. Retail for headunits now is pretty pricey compared to eBay.

i was thinking that...the problem is i use my sisters credit card for my paypal account and she's only got a 200$ limit per month (she's in college rents don't want her screwing up credit) So i dunno if i could really charge it all...not to mention the rents don't really want me getting system...so i kinda gotta just bring it home one day :D but i'll have to check out ebay

You can add your bank account and pay that way too... and money orders still work (although archaic) :D

pssh no money orders for me i'm one impatient...well you know what. I'll have to see about that bank account idea doesn't sound to bad. this is like chatting on AIM lol 3 min replies we need lives... :) :p

get the cd player now before you blow it on something else...

Try BestBuy, after Christmas they have all items that were returned from Christmas at 50% off.

:eek: o really?? I'll defiently go take a stroll up to Best Buy on Sunday or Monday to check that out :thumbsup:

O yea and it's XMAS EVE WHOOOO :D

TJM623 said:
:eek: o really?? I'll defiently go take a stroll up to Best Buy on Sunday or Monday to check that out

Nobody takes returns on the 26 and usually the 27 too.

I would buy the HU sooner as opposed to later.
Keep it safe in a box some where.
When time for the instal you will make life much easier to do it all at once and do it right.
Meaning take the time to remove the seats to run the cables clean, go through the fire wall for the power and not throught the door.
Take your time, and make it look good. Stuff like this you don't want to rush through.
Put it to you this way, my instal, which is nothing stallar by any means, took almost four days.

See i have a conflict of interests when it comes to these kinda things...I love when stuff looks nice...I HATE WAITING...so i end up throwing stuff together just to have it working...I'll have to see because correct me if i'm wrong...doesn't best buy do free installation if u spend over 100$ on a HU?? i could just buy the HU there and then when it comes time for installation slip the guy another 10-20 =] and give him my amp and subs :D

man, do it your self.
Don't give some pimple face punk the satisfacion that is rightfully yours.

Do it your self, YOUR WAY.
That way it is the way you want it and there will be no surprises.

Ever heard the quote, "Friends don't let friends shop at Best Buy"? Live by that ;) They offer free installation because retail price on head units is way too high. I installed my very first HU all on my own, and I had never done it before.

well i no how to do the HU and i'm assuming hooking up subs to a amp shouldn't be hard...the problem is amp to the battery...I don't wanna screw anything up...But your right if i payed for it to get done...i'd probably never be satisfied. DECISION: D.I.M (do it myself :D ) and get it offline for cheaper prices ;) :p

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

One quick question...If i'm running a mono sub amp what would be better 2 ohm subs or 4 ohm? Kicker CompVR 12's if that makes a difference

Back