Buy or Wait? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Buy or Wait?

big @ss bolts through the box, and through the floor. theft resistant screws for the subs (I forget the actual name, but they have a funny hole to screw them in)
Then a awesome alarm system, utilizing 4 piezo horns--2 inside, 2 outside, then a 152db train horn located underneath the vehicle. (and while I'm dreaming) electrified door handles so the thieves get electrocuted when trying to open up your ride. All electronics on their own circuit of sealed batts inside the vehicle. And 4 inch thick lexan windows :D

other than that, sitting in a lawnchair by your ride with a 12-gauge would be the other option that would be close but not thief proof.

seriously though, think about stealth (even though I have stickers and a box in plain sight :rolleyes: ) no stickers, have the entire setup below the sunshade in the cargo area or hidden more than that--If they dont see anything to steal most likely they wont bother.

you will never make it theft proof.
But you can make them earn it.

As you can see in my pics on the last page I have tamper proof bolts and screws holding my amp in place.
The screws are almost counter sunk so you can not even get vise grips on them.
The amp is very tight into the carpet so you can not get under it to pry upward.

Just make it all so it is more effort than it is worth for them

davesexplorer said:
big @ss bolts through the box, and through the floor. theft resistant screws for the subs (I forget the actual name, but they have a funny hole to screw them in)
Then a awesome alarm system, utilizing 4 piezo horns--2 inside, 2 outside, then a 152db train horn located underneath the vehicle. (and while I'm dreaming) electrified door handles so the thieves get electrocuted when trying to open up your ride. All electronics on their own circuit of sealed batts inside the vehicle. And 4 inch thick lexan windows :D

Well....seeing as I have all this looks like I'm good to go :p

Back