Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Buying a Flywheel? Check It!!

Discussion in 'Modified 1991-1994 Explorers' started by Freshmeat, August 29, 2009.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. Freshmeat

Freshmeat Active Member

City, State:
    Denham Springs, LA
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    1994 Ranger STX SC
    At the parts store, went through three SAC / DYNAPAK flywheels for M5OD that all had the pilot and bolt holes cut noticeably off center. Please check your flywheels before you walk out of the parts store with it!

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. Totalled

Totalled Active Member

City, State:
    Tumwater, Wa
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    1985 BroncoII Eddie Bauer
    Wow, that's quite awesome. :rolleyes: I got a reman flywheel. Be aware, that they don't come with the removable iron center bushing that holds the pilot bearing. I put mine together with the pilot in the crank and found out about that after it was together. I have the bushing now.. but getting the bearing out of the crank.... :thumbdwn: