albi1cnobi1

Elite Mountaineer
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
South Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 Mountaineer V6 4x4
Looking for some input from the vast wealth of knowledge here on the forum. To give you a brief run down, I am swapping out my 4405 c-trac case for a 1354. The 1354 I have is an electric version and converting it to manual is a little pricey. This being said I am building a controller for the 1354 and need to know if the shift motors are different. What I mean by this is are the sensor contacts in the motor setup differently. I know the 4405 really only has 2 hi and 4 lo positions, and the TOD clutch engages for 4hi. The 1354 actually physically switches to all three ranges. My problem is I only have a spare 4405 motor to work with right now and all my tests show my controller should work, but alas no. I either have a bad 4405 motor or the two are indeed set up differently. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Bump... anybody...Bueler...

I've got a spare 13-54e shift motor. If you want to come to Jackson and pick it up, you're welcome to it.

Hey snoranger that is awsome. You want anything for it? I've got some spare parts layin around. Never mind I just noticed you have a 1st gen. Anyway let me know if you want anything for it. Thanks

:bsnicker:
Never mind I just noticed you have a 1st gen.

I actually own 1 first gen, 3 second gens, 2 second gen Rangers, a 94 Cobra, an 89 Supercoupe, and a 94 E-150 Clubwagon (and technically an '01 nissan altima, but dont tell my wife that). But whos counting?

I dont want anything for the shift motor, just come pick it up.

PM me and we'll work out the details. Thanks

So did you get it working?

I PM'ed you as well with the casy idea of transplanting the Explorer drive train into a Jeep... question.

but this post is about making a smiple eshift on the 4405. I'd love to get my hand on this!

Back