BWM Brown Wire Mod 3rd Gen | Page 20 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

BWM Brown Wire Mod 3rd Gen

You're right...it may have just been my paranoia because we were 100 miles from home, getting dark and had to be home to take care of our dogs so I was listening intently for the least bit of trouble from the Explorer and trying to figure out a way to get home if something happened.

I think we'll take the Lincoln next time.:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've got 3.55s and an open diff, I did thus mod over a year ago and never had any problems doing donuts or burnouts or with my transfer case

it'll work on nearly any thing on powerblock they did it on a tacoma so it really depends on wire going to transfer case, and it'll work on any diff non limited slip will just spin whichever tire carries least resistance

I spent hours re-reading this thread and it appeared that way.

Looks like I have some rewiring to do this week :)

does this work on a 2004 ford ranger?

Interesting because I didn't know Rangers have an Auto 4x4. I always thought they were 2wd, 4x4 High and 4x4 Low?

OK I may have missed the answer I'm looking for because so many posts but had anyone successfully done this w/o using a relay?

ive been running over a year with just a 3amp lighted switch

np man. i can post up a pic of where i mounted my switch if you'd like

I'm all set on that...going to put it right next to my switch for the Aux driving lights...I have two carbon fiber pilot style toggles under the a/c controls

2007 BWM on sport trac

Hi all, I have read this whole thread hoping to find information on how to disable the computer from engaging 4WD when I don't want it to. I pulled the fuse which works but then the dash is all it up and I loose ABS, traction control and who knows what else. All the info for the BWM pertains to 2005 and older Explorers. Any suggestions where I may find more current info? Thanks.

Hi all, I have read this whole thread hoping to find information on how to disable the computer from engaging 4WD when I don't want it to. I pulled the fuse which works but then the dash is all it up and I loose ABS, traction control and who knows what else. All the info for the BWM pertains to 2005 and older Explorers. Any suggestions where I may find more current info? Thanks.

Since you read the entire thread I'm sure you noticed that the 02's and 03's have the wire in a different location the the 04 and 05. Since you have an 07 you might find it in the same location that "17fordguy" did...he shows pics on page 7.

np man. i can post up a pic of where i mounted my switch if you'd like

Would like to see your pic. Thinking of doing the same.

Would like to see your pic. Thinking of doing the same.

This pic is from Gregorh17's truck and it's the same way I have my switches.

20110501211722.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back