• Register Today It's free!

by by a4ld

uncleedy

Reaction score
City, State
thornton co
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 limited
about 2 months ago i picked up a 94 explorer 4x4 4.0 limited prety cheap 850$ i was told the tranny acted weird like the ebrake was on when takeing off once going it was fine so i bought her.and the check engine lights on .
i needed a daily driver to get me to work the motors top notch never a issue there.
after 3 weeks the tranny a4ld took a dump on me on my way to work ):it would not move in any gear r od d 2 1
that weekend i went to junkyard and picked up a trany and torque converter since moneys VERY tight for me i didnt rebuild it i just threw it in.
i no i no bad idea .
3 weeks later that 1 also went bad so since it was under a waranty i ripped it out and back to junk yard pulled another 1 and put her in last weekend.
after 1000s of hours on here i have come to the conclusion that a c3 c4 or c5 would be a better choice for me since i just cant go manual due to wife not able to drive stick with her bum leg.
iv ben looking hi and low for 1 of these tranys here in colorado but have had absolutely no luck.
i no from what i have read on many posts that i need
tranny
torque converter
and have rear drive line lengthened
iv gotten lost on flexplate and spacer some say use oe and others have said need the one from the trany i am replaceing it with ??????????

im asking my fellow explorers out there for a little help i wont do the 700r4 its just not rite plus just to expencive for my wallet.

if you have or no someone with a c3 or c5 please mesage me im in dire need of help i do plan on a complete write up with lots of pics of this project any and all help will truly be apreciated and icknowledged in my write up

Back