C1235 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

93navajo

Reaction score
City, State
NH
Year, Model & Trim Level
Hi all I had the typical ABS, TSC, and then wrench light come on. Replaced rt front bearings with sensor and thought that would do the trick since it was making the hub bearing hum noise. Noise is gone, but lights came back on when driving 40mph and 70mph. Bought a code reader told me it was C1235 R/R abs sensor signal missing. Changed the R/R abs speed sensor drove the vehicle for awhile and the lights came back on. I am now at a loss and not sure which way to go. Tone ring looks good and not sure where to start from here. I did read however that it could be the R/R bearing needing replacing. Any thoughts. I have tried searching but it seems as soon as you change the speed sensor everybodys lights do not return.

Ok since I probably could have figured this out, I had been slowly replacing a lot of parts on my ST. Although not hard I had spent more time on it than I had wanted. I did not take it to the dealer but decided since I started to hear the exhaust manifold leak get louder and louder, and noticed blue smoke on start ups, I decided to trade it in. I have gone to a 07 Lincoln LT. I think this is a great forum and hope to return someday. Cheers

Back