c5 and a 4.0 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

c5 and a 4.0

I have C5 that is behind a 4.0 for sale or trade has a low stall non lockup torque converter and C4 valve body $250
4.0 from a 91 explorer miles is around 175K some pushrod tick when cold. $250 comes with wiring harness
located in Washington state

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do you have the kickdown filler tube or any other misc parts to swap from 5speed for the transmission? Are you going to moab?

Do you have the kickdown filler tube or any other misc parts to swap from 5speed for the transmission? Are you going to moab?

I have a deep trans pan and a extra C5 case, SBF bell housing for the C5 157 tooth, new 157 tooth flexplate TCI torque converter.

I have a 142 tooth bell housing for C5 (mustangII)

I will be going to MOAB:thumbsup:

I will have to see what my finances are like when moab gets closer and try to figure out what it will cost me to swap it behind the 4.0 / 5speed in my ranger.

Hey may be stupid but was that c5 setup for 4x4?

Yes it is 4wd transmission

I dont suppose this transmission is still available?

With bellhousing, converter and flexplate? Also was it working when pulled or will it need to be rebuilt?

Holy cow still avail after 2 years..
The C5 behind a 4.0 YES PLEASE
That is a very good setup and getting harder to find. Good score if you can pull this off
Otherwise I might be interested in this setup...... Let me know Thanks!

With bellhousing, converter and flexplate? Also was it working when pulled or will it need to be rebuilt?

The 4.0 is gone but I still have transmission.
I would need to dig it out of the pile of parts and check the condition of it.
Bell housing and converter are there, not sure of the flexplate.
The converter is low stall non lock up unit, that was custom ordered. I also have a deep aluminum pan, and 157 tooth bell housing,flex plate and new torque conveyer for it to be mounted behind a SBF.

I wonder what shipping costs would be. I live down in southeast California right by the border.

I wonder what shipping costs would be. I live down in southeast California right by the border.
Probably cost more than what it is worth. I am going to be in Moab in May, I could bring with me.

shipping transmissions and t cases is not terrible, I do it average cost freight is about $60 strap it to a pallet and drop it off at your closest over the road shipping co, pickup on the other end

Back