Tbars4

Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
anaheim hills,california
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 ranger 4x4/ 91 X 4x4
...The epicenter was Chino Hills at 11:42 a.m. and I was within about 10 miles of there...So far we have had about 30 aftershocks...They are now saying there is a 1/20 chance that this is a foreshock to a bigger earthquake..

...No warning and it rocked...:bdrunk:...They originally called it a 5.8 and it felt like a 7 where I was...Currently I have no cell service but my wireless internet works...

...Today wasn't the day to have my ranger up on jacks...A buddy of mine and I actually jumped out from under the rear and actually had to hold the ranger down as it was rocking off the jacks..:eek:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It was pretty strong here though for being in Chino Hills... I was in Irvine. But now I have a Pepsi and chips, and I'm praying that was not a foreshock.

...Donner, I jus updated my first post with the new info from the channel2 news...:dunno:

I hope everyone and their property is ok... I also hope this is not the precursor to a larger one... Hopefully the 5.4 was as big as it's going to get this time around...

Best of luck to all of you.

Hopefully you didn't rattle the Bay Area cracks loose!

...Thanks Rick...:salute:

...We have been due for an earthquake as we really haven't had one in a while of moderate size...

First 24 hours after we have to watch out...

...Donner, I jus updated my first post with the new info from the channel2 news...:dunno:

I hope everyone and their property is ok... I also hope this is not the precursor to a larger one... Hopefully the 5.4 was as big as it's going to get this time around...

Best of luck to all of you.

As long as we have supplies and gasoline tanks are full, that's the best we can do. Cell phones failed for a while...

Hopefully you didn't rattle the Bay Area cracks loose!

...So far, they are reporting it was felt from Ventura to south of the border, and out to vegas...:dunno:

It was pretty strong here though for being in Chino Hills... I was in Irvine. But now I have a Pepsi and chips, and I'm praying that was not a foreshock.

...:scratch:...Hmmm, good idea...Time for me to head to the fillin' station and stock up on chocodiles...:D

guess the quake shook more than we thought found this pick taken in East LA a water main broke due to the quake. Question is how did Harley get there???????????? Does she have super powers we don't know about Ted????????
r1449848075.jpg

...Lol, if I didn't know she was in the front seat of the truck in her bed, I would say that was her...It sure looks like her...:scratch:

...She seems to be in the truck everytime something exciting happens...:D

It's a little weird walking down a flight of steps in a 'big' quake. I heard it was 5.8 on the news right after it happened. though now they all say 5.4. They also said, there were reports of it being felt from San Diego to Las Vegas.

I thought maybe I would live on an island now, and Riverside would be a beach community. :D

I was on a conference call with a supplier in Irvine today, and all of a sudden they got quiet, and finally said "Ummm, we're having an earthquake". I guess it was the biggest some of them had ever felt. It took them a few minutes to get back to business. Sounds like there wasn't any major damage.

i have family in Anaheim, and i just got off the phone with her. they are all right, and i am glad to hear that all the rest of you guys from there are as well. on a brighter note, be thankful you weren't going, or having a vasectomy done! cause you know, somewhere, someone was getting one!!!! :eek:

I just barely felt it up in Big Bear. Everyone thought I was crazy until dispatch confirmed it, and had us move the equipment out of the bays.

...After talking to some people locally it seems it was worse in some areas more than others...Even on this evening news they showed people who had been here for years and they said where they were it felt as bad as the Northridge quake...:dunno:

Okay, a few months back we were having "micro" quakes all over Orange County. Now this.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I heard about this and supposedly my neighbor actually felt it, i was on the road all day so i didn't even know it happend till i got home. 5.4 is huge:eek:

Back