California Earthquake, 5.4 todayl | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

California Earthquake, 5.4 todayl

...I was a little more mature about it...:rolleyes:

...After I figured out the people around me weren't playing with my chair, I seen the tall wall shelving doing a serpentine while the dining room chandelier was doing the 3' sway, and was asked "Where do we take cover?"...

...I casually pointed out safe door openings, the healthy built dining room table to get under, and never missed a step while calling, "Come on Harley" and she quickly followed my pace As....I went trotting out to the street like a little girl...:p:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...Enjoy your morning coffee...:p:

...I just felt that aftershock and we had a 5.1 an hour ago...:D

useless facts

Since the 7.2 yesterday there have been 188 quakes since then. 9 have been 4.5 or bigger and the list includes a 3.0 in Yellowstone MT this morning too:D

...This just in...
http://abcnews.go.com/WN/earthquake...-easter-sunday-damage-light/story?id=10291558
"Seismologists say the Laguna Salada quake was five times as powerful as the Haitian earthquake. It was 10 times larger in magnitude than the 1994 Northridge quake, which killed 72 people, injured more than 9,000, and destroyed buildings and two freeway ramps in Los Angeles. "

...And we've had literally hundreds more Earthquakes since Cyber posted this a.m....

mmmmm Truckhaven :p:

Nothing here :dunno:

SHaken Agin!!!:D

5.7 at T-haven

Funny I felt here at work in Pasadena , but 10 miles away, my wife felt nothing. :dunno:

Surfs up Dude
33.417°N, 116.483°W
USGS says 5.9

It's a real Shake and Bake. The East is bakin and the West is shakin.

...First 5.7, then up to 5.9, now it's downgraded to 5.4...

..Here is live video from LA...:D
http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/livenow?id=7128469

...Truckhaven is just getting ready for the October run, should be impressive..:biggthump

I was under my truck. Wind was blowing so i thought my truck was swaying from that, but i thought it was moving an awful lot just from wind. Then my roommate came out and asked if i felt it. I didn't feel a thing.

...It's been all over the news that a 7.0 Earthquake should happen tomorrow...

...I guess it all started on twitter and the USGS stepped in and said there is no earthquake predicted nor can they predict earthquakes...
http://blogs.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/2010/09/twitter_earthquake.php

...I did however think this was a funny response from the USGS...:D

Twitter%20earthquake%2004-thumb-540x337.jpg

Twitter%20earthquake%2005-thumb-540x337.jpg

Twitter%20earthquake%2006-thumb-540x337.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...Just had a 5.1...Felt it here in Anaheim..:D

Back