1. Tip...
    If you hold most smartphones sideways
    you can bring up a more full featured version of the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Calling all Mothers and Fathers

Discussion in 'Exploring everything under the sun!!' started by Skibug, December 20, 2004.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Skibug

Skibug Active Member

City, State:
      Pensacola, FL
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      96 Sport 4x4
      Well me and my wife have been trying to get pregnant. And well, she is late by about 12 days now and we might as well have bought stock in home pregnacy tests. We have went through 6 tests and none of them have come up positive. She is having all kinds of signs that she is pregnat, but still no posititive test. It is killing us that we don't know. She called the doctor and she can't get in till Jan 13. Not knowing is about to drive her crazy.

My question is, did you or your wife (for the dads here) show up on a home pregnancy test. She is having all kind of signs that she is, but the tests come up negative, what gives. She is driving me crazy in the process :eek:

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Robb

Robb Explorer Addict

My wife showed positive on a pregnancy test with her being about two weeks late. I quess we got lucky because it was the first one she had taken during that period of time.

And um, if you think she is driving you nuts now, just wait until she IS pregnant. That there is 40 weeks of PURE FUN!!! :p

4. Albino 94LTD

Albino 94LTD Recovering from Moab 2016 Elite Explorer

Media:
      City, State:
      Newcastle Wa
      White 94 Limited
      Callsign:
      KG7PKQ
      Patience my boy patience, start practicing patience now, cause you're going to need a tanker full for the next 20 years.

It might be a little early for the 'changes' to register. Give it another week, enjoy Christmas.

5. Skibug

Skibug Active Member

City, State:
      Pensacola, FL
      96 Sport 4x4
      Well we were hoping to give the familly members a great surprise christmas present this year.

6. X~FACTOR

X~FACTOR Name is Ray

City, State:
      Valley Stream, Long Island
      '97 XLT 4-dr SOHC
      It's always good to see men get such possitive reaction when their lady says "I'm pregnant". Most men just go "WTF!"

7. dreamr

dreamr Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Lynnwood WA
      99 XL / 4x4 / 4.0 ohv

Listen to this guy!!!! Patience is a necessary virtue now, but you best store up a lot for when you run short after the wee one!!!!!.

Albino is also right about giving the test time. I believe there is even a warning on the back that pregnancy cannot be detected for something like up to 3-4 weeks.

Me I found out when my girlfriend was already three months pregnant :fire:
      Then she had it 3 months early :eek:
      In hindsight three months is not nearly enough to prepare for this life change!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Broccoli1

Broccoli1 Active Member

City, State:
      Los Angeles CA
      Explorer '93 xlt
      Skibug, when you do find out, you may want to wait on letting everyone know until a month or so after you are sure because if something goes wrong it can be tough on the Mom. There's no set rule but you may want to keep the news to just family until a little later.

Our little guy is 4 mos and when I walked in the door the other day my wife says to me " I know why animals eat their young!!!!" Tough day honey? :D

9. 00sport4x4

00sport4x4 Active Member

City, State:
      Elyria, OH
      2004 Ranger FX4 Level 2
      X~FACTOR It's always good to see men get such possitive reaction when their lady says "I'm pregnant". Most men just go "WTF!"

My reply when I was told this was "whose was it" glad my girl has a sence of humor,,,As for your problem you could go to the hospital and they'll let you know in a few hours

10. Ian's 91ex

Ian's 91ex B

City, State:
      Vernon, BC Canada
      Yup. 3weeks for there to be enough hormone to show up. Relax. If she is pretty regular and is 3 weeks late, relax. She probably is. If not, oh well, next month.

11. Skibug

Skibug Active Member

City, State:
      Pensacola, FL
      96 Sport 4x4
      Ok she had a blood test done today and well nope, not pregnant. Oh well guess it's back to trying :D . I think she is just so worked up about this whole thing that it is making her body do some strange things. She wants a little one so bad. I would like to finally be called dad, but I am in no hurry to get it done right this instant.

Thanks for all the replies. Don't worry when it finally does happen, I will be letting everyone in the world know my little one is on the way.

12. A Wise Guy

A Wise Guy Well-Known Member

City, State:
      McHenry, IL.
      '06 Limited Dark Cherry
      Forget practicing patience and start practicing making babies because 40 weeks is a long time.