Calling all NC Wheelers!!!!!!!! | Page 24 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Calling all NC Wheelers!!!!!!!!

Bummer! Well, I'll be down there, so if anyone changes their mind before Saturday, post here and I'll try to check in.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

tis ok guys igot my follow on orders today for when i get back from korea. I am coming back to Bragg. Sweet get to jump out of planes again

Well, good luck to you, and thanks for your service! :salute: :usa:

John your rig is bad ass:salute: When you get back, we'll have to get together again, I want some more cobbler:D Good luck man!

I believe Tripp, Michael, my Brother, and my family are heading up Saturday the 30th. As of now, I'm planning on getting there early saturday, wheeling all day, staying in a hotel in Albemarle, wheel some more sunday, then head home. I'm bringing the new wife, and my mom and dad, so I think camping is out on this trip. If anyone else is around, let me know and we'll set up a time to meet.

As of right now, I'll be there also.;)

Just got back from Uhwarrie. Wife wouldn't let me try out the OHV trails, but we check out the park, Badin lake, and I think we hit every dirt road out there! Beautiful place. I probably wouln't be able to get back out there on the 30th, but will have to see as it gets closer.

The trails can get kind of mean. So you can't blame her. Next time;)!

Yeah, well, those dirt roads were rough enough on my 150,000 mile suspension, and it held up well. ;) OK, I've got the Bilsteins, but the rest is original. I'm sure it's about time for something to go.

150,000 is nothing...I'm at 235,000

97 vs 91 of course you'll have more miles. But I have an Solid Axle Swap at 127,000:salute:

I'm @ 190K. All I've done is one rubber bushing and the front shocks.

As far as I know its all original (I've only had it for 3 years or so). I've added spring spacers and AAL, but its the original coils and leafs.

Heading out in the morning. If anyone's joining give me a call around lunchtime. 803-422-2046 and we'll be on cb channel 14 or 17 probably.

my drive line only has about 20,000 miles on it and I've replaced everything on it at least once and some things dozens of times. ya'll must be to easy on your rides. If parts ain't flying, You ain't trying.

Im in Huntersville, right beside charlotte,
not going the offroad route, but if its mild enough, my truck may be able to handle it.

But would like to see some other X owners.
Saw one he had a lifted Gen II, with large tries, roof rack, etc. dont know if he goes here

Glad to see someone else local. I work at the Huntersville Hospital so we're real close.

Do you camp? I just got back from the mountains camping for three days. Had to do a little wheeling threw mud holes to get to the camp site but most of the driving is on winding stone roads. There's a few trails I'd like to check out but since I can never find anybody else that likes to camp in the backwoods I won't try them solo.

Here's a few pics from this weekend and previous trips (dates are wrong).

Linville_Gorge_098.jpg

Had a bear within 200yds of the campsite, kinda freaked the wife and kids
Linville_Gorge_097.jpg

Linville_Gorge_081.jpg

Linville_Gorge_072.jpg

Linville_Gorge_086.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Where was that? I'm about 45 minutes Southwest of Asheville.

n44100138_30263652_8364.jpg

The line in this pic is the Blue Ridge Parkway:
n44100138_30263664_3732.jpg

I was actually camping Sunday night in a place different from those two pics. Our trips aren't really fit for the kids though:
n44100138_31176497_7956.jpg

Back