Calling all NC Wheelers!!!!!!!! | Page 28 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Calling all NC Wheelers!!!!!!!!

X looks sweet, i think ive seen you before in huntersville
if it was you and i remember correctly it was by huntersville presb. hospital or the rosedale shopping center on gilead- whatever X i was beside though it looked sweet

i forget if i was in mine or not:eek:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

X looks sweet, i think ive seen you before in huntersville
if it was you and i remember correctly it was by huntersville presb. hospital or the rosedale shopping center on gilead- whatever X i was beside though it looked sweet

i forget if i was in mine or not:eek:

I work at the Hospital but I don't think that was my X you seen. I've seen it too and it is a nice X, you've got a nice one also.

Here is my X at Uwharrie but I just got a second X for my DD so if you see either one flag me down.
Uwharrie_029.jpg

Explorer_0161.jpg

Explorer_021.jpg

You work at the hospital-ive been there alot recently
my dad had a stroke(1st one) and they sent him there

then he had another one and the ambulence came to our house and sent us straight to presby. downtown off brookshire
now hes in rehab-its been a long few weeks

yeah that was me i work at Joe Gibbs Racing in that business park where the hospital is.

yeah that was me i work at Joe Gibbs Racing in that business park where the hospital is.

Cool now I don't have to flag you down and tell you about this web site.

I know a few people at Gibbs, say hi to Larry Wilcox (aka:Modified Larry I think), Jason Smith (aka:not sure) and Drew not sure his real name. We all work on Larry's ProCup Car and we just finished a Modified to play around with. Tell them Brad says hi.

Whats your nickname at the shop? I'll have to see if they know you and have Larry recruit you, we can always use some extra hands on race day.

i work in the busch shop i think those guys work up at the cup shop i have never heard of them and i have only been working there for like 9 months

so anyone here.. near the Gboro area.. willing to help do a SOA with me..and 2nd
does anyone know anything bout donig an SAS with 4.56 gears already in.. for a 96 XLT X
.. i guess im just trying to learn about the IFS on the 96s ..

Search around the site. Plenty have done it.

yeah i have been searching on the site..but trying to piece togather bits of info on this procedure is hard to do when you dont know anything bout it

I hear ya. Not something I'd tackle. I had enough trouble replacing the rear axle with the same thing, no mods. I'm happy if my truck is running good, forget out moding it. ;) If you're really interested in doing this (and willing to tackle) start a thread with specific questions, or ask in some of the existing SAS threads. Good luck! :thumbsup:

there is a thread with detailed info on the sas i am 15 miles north of Hickory

hey all, i'm out here stationed on Camp Lejeune. no i'm not a marine, i'm a navy corpsman(medical) for the marines. here is my 05 xlt 4x2 lifted 9" rear 8-8.5 in front on 35x12.5 Toyo Open Country M/Ts
DSCN3157.sized.jpg

used to be lowered on the same 20's with 275/45s here is my cardomain let me know what ya think.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2424115

I live in Willow Springs. It's near Garner and Fuquay Varina.

I havent done to much muddin' yet, just rutted out my neighbors yard when it flooded.

Hey, right down the road. :thumbsup:

hey all, i'm out here stationed on Camp Lejeune. no i'm not a marine, i'm a navy corpsman(medical) for the marines. here is my 05 xlt 4x2 lifted 9" rear 8-8.5 in front on 35x12.5 Toyo Open Country M/Ts
DSCN3157.sized.jpg

used to be lowered on the same 20's with 275/45s here is my cardomain let me know what ya think.

Very nice!

DSCN3157.sized.jpg

Amazing truck - I absolutely love it. 2 things - first, you gotta get a full size spare, that street spare sittin up top just looks goofy. :p:

Also, do you have up close pictures of how you mounted the hi-lift to the roof rack? Looks like you got the 60 incher. I got one for Christmas and I'm trying to figure out how to mount it to my rack - the thing is a monster. Thanks in advance.

Also, do you have up close pictures of how you mounted the hi-lift to the roof rack? Looks like you got the 60 incher. I got one for Christmas and I'm trying to figure out how to mount it to my rack - the thing is a monster. Thanks in advance.

I would think the "ski" holders for the rack would work well for that.

I live in Willow Springs. It's near Garner and Fuquay Varina.

I havent done to much muddin' yet, just rutted out my neighbors yard when it flooded.

Hey Neighbor! See ya around. :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back