Calling all NC Wheelers!!!!!!!! | Page 34 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Calling all NC Wheelers!!!!!!!!

i went to uwharrie last weekend and went up daniel and budweiser in the explorer not easy trails

I over heated the tranny on Rocky Mountain Loop and had to let it cool down about halfway threw. Nothing to really get stuck on but you gotta really pick your way threw rocks and boulders. Daniel is listed as extremely difficult so if you went threw that you did good. I was running bald stock tires so I couldn't really do too much. I would like to go back and give it a try with my 31's but it's such a long drive and I have trails allot closer I can play on. I may be up for a spring get together at Uwharrie if we can get anything organized.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well, Jon, then I think you should set something up, drive out here, and take her on the trails! If you show up in NC, I **WILL** be there!

That is the plan.

Im pretty sure that if we can set up something, i can make time to get up there with yall, ive got a couple friends with jeeps who keep waiting on me to make plans for uwarrie

And heres the green beast

GreenBeast1.jpg

How can mortars not be cool. :cool:

Are they plugged at the bottom? Do they function?

You could launch rockets from those. Oh, man, I see phone calls being made--I like it.

sometimes i feel like batman, and i wish i could launch explosives at other cars when im in traffic, but on a serious note, how hard is it to instal a skyjacker 2 inch lift, im a bit short on funds, but all im ever going to need is 2 inches, and maybe some more agressive tires. and nitrogen shocks versus hydrogen shocks?

I'm planning on going up to URE during the springtime with a few buddies, unless they back out... I'd love to wheel with some other explorers!

I'm planning on going up to URE during the springtime with a few buddies, unless they back out... I'd love to wheel with some other explorers!

Unfortunately I can't even drive my Explorer to URE right now, due to the amount of oil flying out the rear main seal. :( One of these day I just need to shut up and start unbolting things. I just can't get motivated. Probably afraid of what else I'll find while I'm in there.

i put up some new lights on top of the greenbeast, and they look pretty good. not as bright as i expected but for 25 dollars, you cant beat it. ill probaly get another set and put them up too, but i think my next addition is gonna be a lift. if i can afford it with tires too. id post a pic, but my camera got stolen along with my radar detector, gps, ipod, and computer... out of my dads 08 f150... good stuff.

Just wanted to bump this...I'm interested in meeting up with anyone for a Spring meet at URE. Never been there before, but living in Asheville it's not too far away.

I don't know of any places around Asheville yet, have lived on the coast (Wilmington) for the past few years, and about the only place to wheel over here is on the beach.

Anyone in the 828 area?

If the spring falls through i will be back in the area this fall with my X i plan on running URE and tellico. And i will make sure limitedEx aka Caleb gets off his butt and goes wheeling with us.

cant make anything in the spring, Wrong country still

If the spring falls through i will be back in the area this fall with my X i plan on running URE and tellico. And i will make sure limitedEx aka Caleb gets off his butt and goes wheeling with us.

cant make anything in the spring, Wrong country still

Tellico is closed to all OHV for at least two years maybe permanantly :thumbdwn:

Haven't heard a thing from Caleb for a long time, not sure if he even gets onto the Forum at all anymore.

Burns just started a thread on meeting up at Uwharrie this year so make sure you get in on it and let us know some dates.

Is this just a visit or are you back in NC for a while?

Just wanted to bump this...I'm interested in meeting up with anyone for a Spring meet at URE. Never been there before, but living in Asheville it's not too far away.

I don't know of any places around Asheville yet, have lived on the coast (Wilmington) for the past few years, and about the only place to wheel over here is on the beach.

Anyone in the 828 area?

Few of use in the Hickory area, getting to be a good number of peeps from all over the state on here. Tellico would have been the closest to you but they closed it, next closest would be Brown Mountain just above Morganton. I usually go up to that area camping all the time and know a few good trails but nothing difficult as far as wheeling just some off road trails in the National Forest.

Uwharrie planning thread here.

Im totally going this year. My new years resolutions included serious work on the X, and going to Uhwarrie. Ive got some jeep buddies who want to go, so i figure that ill slay them while im there.

I just arrived from the west coast. i'm out in the jacksonville area with my 96. its pretty well all stock aside from the axle over in the rear and tortion bars topped off in the front. thats about to change though! i'm down for some time in the woods!

Whats up guys im trying to revive this thread. I live in Stokesdale, NC by Belews Lake, but go to school at UNCG. Im in the process of getting my 94 Eddie back up and running with a few mods. done to it as well. If anyone has any info on rebuilding the tranny and engine swaps or rebuilds please fell free to enlighten me. Im actually starting deconstuction this weekend to try and rebuild my tranny.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Im from right down the road in Summerfield. I live in boone now otherwise I'd love to meet up and help you with your rebuild.

Back