• Register Today It's free!

Camber solution!!!!!!

00Rngr

Reaction score
City, State
Macon GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 XLT
Just to let yall know if you remember....i was one in the big camber solution upper ranger arm thread.....a guy had tried to use the 98+ ranger upper arms to correct the camber...he said they were an inch too short and made things worse...

long story short....HES WRONG....i told you i was bagging my 97 4 door explorer and i would try this in the process and such and let you know well i dont know what he did but i measured it and held them up side by side and then also tested it on the front...they fit perfect and they are the same size as the explorer factories.....matter of fact the work i did, the factory arms still were binding and wouldnt go as low and so i put them on there and fixed my problem and fixed the camber and binding problem.......

Sorry so long and stuff but just letting yall know like i said i kept my word so go have fun and fix all your problems.........

for the guy that was wrong sorry dont mean to call you out and dont know what your problem was but they do fit and they are the same size and they do fix the problem everyone is talking about......not to be a dick just wanted to clarify that up and help as much folks as possible

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i need some pics BAD!!! do you have a pic of them side by side? How much longer are they than stock CA's?

i can get a pict but they are the same size as the factories they just are built different to allow more travel........give me a ring tomarrow at 478.747.8627 about 2pm est. i live in Ga and stuff....i can get them then no problem for you....dont be skerd just call me and ask for Matt and just tell me to post the darn picts...lol ite man later

well if they are the same size what improves the camber. My adjusters are maxed out and i need another 2 deg. What did you do about the ball joint setup? Is there a spot to adjust the caster?

Do you have AOL IM? if so hit me up on LowXploHer

I guess the arm is the same, but the balljoint is further out, and/or the mount points are further back. Seems kinda weird though.

I was the guy that used them, and maybe i got the wrong part because they didnt work. I used the DJM's, and yes they were the same length but the distance to the balljoint was shorter. If i got the wrong part, then more power to you guys. :dunno:

Edit- what i did was install them. Installed, with the cams turned to get max camber, i had serious issues with only 4" of drop. Thats why i had them lengthened.

Section emails jamest a Corona

james t said:
I was the guy that used them, and maybe i got the wrong part because they didnt work. I used the DJM's, and yes they were the same length but the distance to the balljoint was shorter. If i got the wrong part, then more power to you guys. :dunno:

Well I'm going to call him today because I have a little more than 4 inches of drop up front and I need to do something for the camber. I need about 2 deg more. Everyone thinks I'm bagged because I always scrape on any speedbump. I just need to get this camber fixed so i can put my 18's back on

00Rngr said:
long story short....HES WRONG..............for the guy that was wrong sorry dont mean to call you out and dont know what your problem was but they do fit and they are the same size and they do fix the problem everyone is talking about......not to be a dick just wanted to clarify that up and help as much folks as possible
When you come out that bluntly against someone else's information, you better have some pics and specs to back it up. This is worthless without pics!

would these ranger arms be the same as my sport trac ca's ????????????
i mean would they work for an 02 as they would for your 97.

like i said i wasnt being a dick or going against him i was just stateing outloud bc this is a big topic and subject......and problem solution.......how do i load picts up on it......also the thing that fixes the problem is that they allow for more travel and are built different than the factories thats how it fixes the camber since they are the same size......but as far as the mounting point and all about the balljoint they seem to be in the same place.....but like i said not calling him out or anything like that im not being a dick i was just getting attention about it to give the info.

my aim is Mr JiggyFly Guyy hit me up i added you maybe you can post the picts for me or sumn i dont know how........also with the explorer on the ground or actually still jacked up but as low as it would be on the ground the camber wasnt that bad and i have the factory adjusters.....maybe mines a freak or sumn....lol but i will have it working and down and drivable this week sometime and ill get them picts too

email me the pics and do you have the part number or brand you used?
my email is Lowxploher at aol dot com

Got the pics!! can't wait to see where this goes. I am interested in this swap as it might not fix the camber but it will fix my totally screwed balljoint angle of being dropped 4.5 inches

Are you going to keep the pics to yourself?! :p

lol yeah i sent them to him bc i didnt know how to post them....im sure though it will fix your camber some too!!..like i said i have factory adjusters and mine looked perfect camber just about all the way down....i will get more picts when its completed this week and show you the picts of the camber when its down on the ground

but details for every body if your wondering.......it was off of a 2000 xlt ext. cab 2wd 4 door ranger sport........put on a xlt 97 4 door explorer 2wd......just to answer some ?'s that might stir up...

Wait, did you use stock Ranger arms or did you use the aftermarket arms made by DJM?

are 98+ ranger arms the same as my 02 sport trac arms. i know they(truckin.com) make adjustable uppers for the rangers, and that would fix camber for every one.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't believe it until I see pictures. You say the alignment "looks" perfect, but can your eyes differentiate between different degrees?

Back