Camber solution!!!!!! | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Camber solution!!!!!!

Lo xploder, i got my upper bag bracket on the notch in the rear. But you can just put it on 2 cross bars running from the top of the notch to both sides. Of course the lower mount is actually on the axle. Ill try and get you some picts though......of the rear and/or front if you like, i dont mind helping out.......but itll be tomorrow bc when i get home it will already be dark.

hey man, what about a susp. pic??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

sorry man i totally forgot........ill try an get some asap for you

hey would this work on an 02 sport trac? jegs.com part # 827-87500
Front Camber/Caster Kit for 1995-01 Explorer/1998-up Ranger. 1 Kit Required per Axle
Adjustment Range:
Camber/Caster + or - 2.00 degrees

OR THESE http://www.ingallseng.com/parts/29100.htm

Yes they will.

which ones should i get?

Go with the ones from jegs.

827-87310 - Just need one
827-87500 - Need two

Unfortunately, they don't show pictures. But that's what it looks like. I don't get it though, I would call JEGS and ask about them. The prices don't match the qty needed. For example, 87310 costs less than the 87500 (which you need two), and you only need one of them according to them.

Or honestly, ProSuspension.com has them for around $50, and I know those work well, just make sure you get the -/+2 degree ones.

YEAH I CALLED THEM AND THAT WAS CORRECT
827-87310 - Just need one
827-87500 - Need two
WORDING WAS MISLEADING. guess i am going to go with the prosuspension ones. their site only has a paypal. can u not call them?

00Rngr
sorry man i totally forgot........ill try an get some asap for you

???????????

ok,all this work on getting ranger upper control arms to work. what about using ranger spindles with the arms? don't they make drop spindles for rangers 98-02?

No they don't make drop spindles for Rangers.

i think this might be stupid: but would ranger lowering rear springs work on a sport trac,explorer???
also: on this spindle flip deal i assume that this means putting the spindle on the topside of the upper and lower control arm instead of the bottomside(stock) ?????????
can the ball joints be installed upside down to make this possible??

you put the spindle on top of the lower control arm and flip the lower balljoint only.....the upper joint stays the way it is factory

hey man ill try and get you some picts tomarrow also of the rear bc i have it up doing some fender well sealing so if i can member i will snap some while its up

quote:you put the spindle on top of the lower control arm and flip the lower balljoint only.....the upper joint stays the way it is factory

also i read that u rasied the upper mount 2 inches. is this required?
so the lower ball joint is upside down,like the nut onthe top of the lower control arm? can the balljoint be installed upside down without difficulty? does this lower the truck? would this cause massive camber problems???? sorry for the million questions but i am wanting to go lower and need 2 now

It fixes camber problems. also the arm should be raised up 2". I used Moog lower balljoints and pressed them in upside down....you must run a wheel 18 or larger......this will lower it 2+" alignable. Another thing i suggest using the 00 ranger v6 ext. cab djm upper arms. You also must flip the tie rod end over...........if you need details i can type them up for you...bc itsalot of stuff to do and you must know all of it to do it

ok, i have 2 deg. camber kit already maxed out so i dont have any more adj left in them. so if i lower it any more it has to be without camber problems. you see? also i have been thinking about aim industries upper adj ranger arms for the camber adjustment, what do you think? but yeah if u can type up directions step by step e-mail them to me at playrbrizag@aol.com

also a pic of the spindle flip if u can

00 ranger:
did u fall off in a hole or what?
kidding

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah we need some pictures of all of this. ;)

Back