• Register Today It's free!

Can anyone please help identify?

locknload1

Reaction score
City, State
Los Angeles, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Ford Exp Sport SOHC
I've been working around this part for years and constantly repairing it. This time I'll be replacing the thermostat housing again because the bottom blew out of the one I replaced two years ago. The tube is fine but the rubber "Y" at the end where it goes into/under the intake is old and cracked so I'm trying to hunt a new one down. Does anyone know the part number or a part that will fit? On the photo I've pointed to it with red arrows. Please ignore the arm.

Here's a link to the tube.

http://imgur.com/qaxnE9p

And the part.

http://imgur.com/5QtxTaz

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have no idea, Sport Trac 4.0L SOHC has a different configuration. Stand by, I'm certain someone will chime in.

could it be the DPFE? black plastic box with small hoses attached to it. located on the driver's side valve cover. in this picture of my '97 Sport SOHC, it's behind the engine oil dipstick.

111_0122.jpg

could it be the DPFE? black plastic box with small hoses attached to it. located on the driver's side valve cover. in this picture of my '97 Sport SOHC, it's behind the engine oil dipstick.

View attachment 80387

No, it's just a rubber "Y" that attaches the plastic tube that comes off the big air intake tube to two connectors under the front part of the intake manifold. I can read part of the number off the part. It's "XP904AG", the X is the letter/number I can't make out.

fuel vapor management valve Y?

I'm not familiar with your engine but from your description and location I suspect it connects the left and right ports in the intake manifold to the fuel vapor management valve. Mine looks a little different but is in about the same location as yours.
FuelVap1.jpg

My upper hoses were heat shrunk onto the T fitting and impossible to remove without destroying them.

Done, I ended up making my own "Y" from small sections of hose and heat resistant epoxy. I guess I'll just keep checking it to see how it holds up.

Back