Can anyone with an Ironman Explorer help out | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Can anyone with an Ironman Explorer help out

NHarris

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Gillette, Wyoming
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 Wrangler, 08 Ranger
Hey all,
I am going to be getting the "skid plate" trim piece around the hitch piece. Im making an Ironman Ex out of my 05. So I cant figure out for the life of me how it is attached. If anyone could get me some pictures of how its attached I would appreciate it. I don't want to end up taking my truck to the body shop just to have this piece put on.
I'm talking about this piece, btw.
Ironman.jpg

Thanks in advance,
Nate

Are you talking about the black cover?

If so, there are two tabs toward the iron man symbol that go into slots, then under the cover there are 2 plastic hand twist screws that lock it into place.

Are you talking about the black cover?

If so, there are two tabs toward the iron man symbol that go into slots, then under the cover there are 2 plastic hand twist screws that lock it into place.

Thanks, well I took it to a body shop and they took care of it. Ill post pics soon.
It was the silver piece. Mine is ironically black. And its not just primed, it has a finish to it

Iron2.jpg

Iron1.jpg

There are some shots. I still need to buy the plastic rivet caps but thats for another day and time.

Next thing I have to do is buy or make some Ironman Fender Flares. I've came to the conclusion everything 4th gen is compatable with the 3rd gen.

Back