Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

can i bypass the egr system completely in my 2001 5.0?

Discussion in 'Stock 1995 - 2001 Explorers' started by jake hunt, July 29, 2011.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^
  1. jake hunt

jake hunt New Member

City, State:
    locust grove
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2001 xlt
    my 01 5.0 has 100000 miles, it has developed i miss under a load, i took it to have the codes checked and it threw out two codes, p0402 said to replace dpfe sensor, the other code was p0300 which is random multiple misfire, i want to know if i can just bypass the egr system completely and disable it, will it run right or not? also my speedo doesnt work does tht have anything to do with the dpfe sensor? thnx for any help

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. Turdle

Turdle Freelance Stuntman Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Humboldt, KS
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2000 Mounty
    It is illegal to remove any component of the emmissions system. So to tell you how would put the site into a legal position.

Fixing it will be the least costly option, in the long run. EGR will make your rings and combustion chamber last longer and give you better fuel economy.

This is not meant to open up a discussion on egr deletion, which is only an option for an off road or track only vehicle. OK thanks guys!

Check the egr tube off the manifold for cracks--notice on this metal tube are 2 small rubber hoses. Remove these and check the ends for cracking or holes.

The other end of the hoses go to the DPFE sensor. Make sure it is not melted.

THe random mis fires could be due to bad fuel.

the speedometer sensor is on top of the rear differential. It may need to be cleaned or replaced.

We Support Our Troops!