Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

can I or can't I?

Discussion in 'Shocks, Suspensions, Lift Kits' started by danniexp, September 28, 2002.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. danniexp

danniexp New Member

City, State:
      summerville, sc
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      1997 xlt
      I just bought 5 32x11.50 15 goodyear wrangler at/s tires. I have the shackles and know how to do the torsion bar twist now (thanks explorerforum). Heres my question. Will these tires fit on the 15x7 rims... the actual listing on tirerack.com for 32x11.50 15's says nothing smaller than a 15x8, but I know they're not always necessarily right. I have already ordered some AR Nitro 15x8 rims, but they are taking forever to ship them to me and I don't have any estimate of when they might get here. I'm gettin' antsy!!!!.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Alec

Alec Elite Moderator Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
      Houston, Texas
      2008 JK
      They'll fit, but the inside of the tire might wear a bit faster than the outside. I'd personally wait since you already have the other rims on order.

4. james t

james t moderation Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Texarkana AR/TX
      94 SAS sport
      yes, they will be fine. if you've got wheels on order, why even bother? you'll have to have them dismounted and remounted/balanced. i would leave it alone until i got the wheels...

5. danniexp

danniexp New Member

City, State:
      summerville, sc
      1997 xlt
      well....

I would wait, but it wont cost me anything to mount them now. I have a friend who can do it for free. As far as waiting for the rims... I ordered them 9/11... they said no more than 2 weeks. I went in today to check up cuz they're late.. and they didn't have any record of them.. so I showed my receipt and she said she'd have a manager look into it... so I probably have another 2+ weeks to go!

6. danniexp

danniexp New Member

City, State:
      summerville, sc
      1997 xlt
      update

just found out I'm not going to get the rims.... stupid company messed up and they no longer have the rims... would have to pay 20 bucks extra and 1 less wheel (4 instead of 5) and the wife was pissed about the whole deal and said no. so:
      now I'm really looking at putting these tires on the stock rims. remember they are 15x7 stock rims.... are you guys sure they will fit? And will they rub on the inner fenderwell with no offset on the rims? Will I have to trim. I plan on installing the shackles (adjustable) and doing the TT until I have no or very very very slight rubbing ... Does this sound bad to anybody (2wd by the way)... let me know guys...

eagerly anticapating a response....
      danniexp

7. 410Fortune

410Fortune ELITE BRONCO2ERER Staff Member Moderator

City, State:
      7B Panhandle
      B2 Mod
      Go buy some black mods 15x8, you will be much happier with the offset, stock rims just dont do wide tires justice. The handling will be MUCH improved with the wider stance...........

8. danniexp

danniexp New Member

City, State:
      summerville, sc
      1997 xlt
      .... chuckle...
      just got a bonus.. so I have the money.. but......

finances aren't looking so good.. so me and the wife decided to play it cool and not spoil ourselves for a while and pay some stuff off.... so probably not going to be able to get rims... UNLESS... we NEED them for the tires...

plus it being the wifes truck and all she wont go for anything but AR nitros... already tried :mad:

9. 410Fortune

410Fortune ELITE BRONCO2ERER Staff Member Moderator

City, State:
      7B Panhandle
      B2 Mod
      Then wait until you can get them.....its worth it . also look at used rims..........

10. DasFrem

DasFrem Elite Poseur

City, State:
      Portland, OR
      2 '97 sports
      You could put 'em on the stock ones, but I would recomend getting the American Racing 767s with 3.75" backspacing. This way if you decide to bigger you can, and with that ammount of backspacking you should get less rubbing. Bobbed Rager is running 35x12.5s on stock rims, but thats purely for trail riding, so he's not concered about everyday wear and tear. You would be better off getting some of these wheels (not to mention you could sell your stock ones for a little bit of $$) The best part about the AR767s is that they're like 40 or so bucks apiece (and look badass IMO).

11. Alto

Alto Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Home-Lake Mills, Wisconsin / Live-Saudi Arabia
      1995 4DR XLT 4X4
      Look at my Signature!

I'm presently running 33" x 12.5" x 15" tires on my stock rims.

After about 3500 miles they still look the same. They ride great. If they wear wierd I haven't seen it yet.

I would like to find myself some 15" x 10" Rims but presently living here they are really expensive. I'm happy with my present set up.

This is my Daily Driver. I drive about 70mph to work which is about 30 minutes away everyday. Never had any type of problem.