Can u buy faces for premier decks? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Can u buy faces for premier decks?

Slick

Reaction score
City, State
Arizona
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Sport 2wd
If i were to buy a deck without the faceplate off ebay, can u buy the faceplate elsewhere? any idea on the cost?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

a new faceplate costs about 70% of what the original/complete hu costs.... the companies do this so a theif cant easily replace a face and use a stolen stereo

yes
just go to pioneers web site and theres a phone number you can call and order a new face directly from them

probably about $100 or so

Id be a little leary about buying a HU that is missing the faceplate. Something may be a little fishy.. Just my $.002

Originally posted by jimabena74
a new faceplate costs about 70% of what the original/complete hu costs.... the companies do this so a theif cant easily replace a face and use a stolen stereo

thats retarted, cuz then the thiefs can just take the faceplate and not hassle with the whole radio and then make 70% of the money of the entire radio with %5 of the effort of removing the whole radio.

I just saw one on ebay for $25 without the face, So I was just seeing. I decided to just wait anyway

Uh thats why you dont leave the faceplate on for them to take!

Back