Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Can we say, "BUCCANEERS IN THE SUPER BOWL!!!"

Discussion in 'Exploring everything under the sun!!' started by DocVijay, November 24, 2002.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. 88vert

88vert Explorer Addict

City, State:
    clinton,iowa
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    94 unlimited
    Saints and bucs

What a sloppy game.but alot of good D:D

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. Randall

Randall Demon4x4 Member

City, State:
    Mo. City, TX
    1991 Demon Edition
    Callsign:
    KF5ZXT
    Correction:
    0-2 vs. New Orelans
    1-3 vs. potential NFC playoff teams.
    My bad.
    So much for being unstoppable. ;)

4. 88vert

88vert Explorer Addict

City, State:
    clinton,iowa
    94 unlimited
    Defence cant win them all:( Its going to come down to the wire this year:D

5. DocVijay

DocVijay Meow

City, State:
    Tampa, FL
    1999 Sport 2WD
    Well, let's see now. TWO fumbles, one for a TD, both denied by shitty officiating. Then just a short time later, a fumble IS called against Tampa. And there's no arguing that both of those calls WERE fumbles; after seeing the replay everyone agreed. But because they whistle was blown, oh well. Too bad the Saints had to win by bad calls. The Saints did play a good game, I'll admit that, but Tampa was robbed, plain and simple.

Still four games left. Yes, next week is the Falcons, but it's at home, so I'm confident.

6. Randall

Randall Demon4x4 Member

City, State:
    Mo. City, TX
    1991 Demon Edition
    Callsign:
    KF5ZXT
    Every team plays by the same rules. If the whistle blows, then there is no fumble. A loss is a loss. Good teams find a way to win despite these setbacks. Blaming losses on officiating is weak.

7. DocVijay

DocVijay Meow

City, State:
    Tampa, FL
    1999 Sport 2WD
    Game is looking pretty good so far. 27-3. I like it. :D

8. aldive

aldive Elite In Memoriam

1999 XLT
    The "dirty bird" is the Dead Bird down in Tamper town.....

9. DocVijay

DocVijay Meow

City, State:
    Tampa, FL
    1999 Sport 2WD
    34-10

Those little birdies need to watch out for those big cannons when it's open season...

10. aldive

aldive Elite In Memoriam

1999 XLT
    Bird season is definately; too bad the Eagle is a protected species.....

11. Bashman

Bashman Elite Hornet Handler

City, State:
    Trenton, Ontario
    09 Wrangler Unlimited now
    Each year over the past 5 years I've been telling my friends how we're going to win the Superbowl and they laughed at me. Suddenly.... they aren't laughing anymore...hmmmm...I wonder why that is.:rolleyes:

I wish they would use Sean King more and get rid of Rob Johnson. I think Rob is a bum and Sean proved himself in his rookie year. Just my .02 but then again I'm not an NFL coach.

GO BUCS!

12. tripleoption

tripleoption Active Member

City, State:
    KOSH
    '00 XLT
    Do they give Super Bowl rings out on a weekly basis now? My advice to you is to "speak softly and carry a big stick." Otherwise, your big talk will come back to haunt you if and when your team repeats it's traditional playoff one and done.

Which leads me to my next comment. Somebody said "And typically, the Bucs ALWAYS turn it on going down the stretch." Is that a joke? Some type of sarcasm? I guess they do well at the end of the regular season because they know their season is just about over. One and done twice, a fired coach, and a thousand pro-bowlers. With all that talent, anything less than a Super Bowl win should disgust you folks. A lot of people have lost a lot of money betting on the Bucs. It's a sad story, really.

And one more thing...Sapp referring to Packers coach Mike Sherman - "Don't talk to me unless you've been in the game. . . . The man has never experienced this league, except from a sideline perspective." Does this moron know his own coach never played in the NFL? Before you go and defend good 'ole Warren, just ask yourself this - "What would people think of me if I was related to this guy?" Or, "Would I want my daughter to date a guy with his intellect?" Anyone who stands by Warren looks all the same. You are the company you keep.

All that said, the Bucs look tough this year, as usual. I'm just not convinced you're going to do anything with Brad Johnson in there while your "offense" rests. Eagles might surprise people. Saints, no. Falcons, not too far. Vick is good, but he alone won't win in the playoffs. SF might end somebody's SB run prematurely. And my Packers are a bit too banged up to go anywhere without that first round bye.

13. DocVijay

DocVijay Meow

City, State:
    Tampa, FL
    1999 Sport 2WD

Yes, Gruden never played, but then again, he knows better than to go and do what the Packer's coach did. Sherman's actions were inappropriate at best. It's just not something you should do, especially as a coach.

14. tripleoption

City, State:
    KOSH
    '00 XLT
    Why? Why can't a coach talk to a player? Is it inappropriate to praise an opponent then, too? Just tell me the reason why.

15. DocVijay

DocVijay Meow

City, State:
    Tampa, FL
    1999 Sport 2WD
    It's kinda like someone else trying to discipline your child if he misbehaves. Or the other way, like you trying to discipline someone elses child. I'll be damned if I let someone try and discipline my children. It's my job and mine alone.

There are certain ways to make a complaint. The way Sherman did it was not the right one. He should have taken it Gruden or to the NFL if he felt the hit was that wrong. None of the officials called it, and there is an unecessary roughness call, remember.

16. tripleoption

City, State:
    KOSH
    '00 XLT
    Okay, good analogy with the child thing. However, would you consider Bill Parcells to be wrong since he's a former coach criticizing or praising players, using ESPN as his forum? Is Tom Jackson wrong for saying things about Mike Sherman or Steve Spurrier or Mike Martz since Tom has never been an NFL coach? With your reasoning, I'd think another adult cannot praise your child either. What if that praise is not something you'd consider praiseworthy for your child? Well, then your child thinks he gets a cookie for something he's expected to do anyways.

Doc, your reasoning here has flaws. Sorry.

And the fact that no penalty was called is really irrelevant. Officals are human, and as I'm sure you have seen, they do sometimes make the wrong calls or completely miss others. As a hockey player in HS, I once sticked a guy in the groin from behind. Had an official seen it, my season probably would have been ended right there. But no call. Does that justify it?

17. DocVijay

DocVijay Meow

City, State:
    Tampa, FL
    1999 Sport 2WD
    No, all those other guys are allowed to criticise, as they are not coaching a team. Those that are currently involved in the operations of a team (ie. Sherman and the Packers) have a respinsibility to not do that. Anyone not involved (former coaches, press, you and me) can say whatever they want in whatever medium.

As for someone praising my children, that is OK with me. Praise and discipline are two different things. And yes, depending on what they were praising him for I might have a problem. If he spit or said a bad wors or something and some idiot thought it was funny and praised him for it, then I'd absolutely have a problem.

Regardless, Sherman was not right in saying that directly to Sapp. There's just no getting around that. It's just bad form.

Also, this thread was started to celebrate the Bucs trip to the Super Bowl, so this argument is over. If you want to continue, I can start a different thread.

GO BUCS

18. 88vert

88vert Explorer Addict

City, State:
    clinton,iowa
    94 unlimited
    I am aslo a die hard packers fan

Dont mean to interupt your guys conversation but what about the hit that Antuan Edwards put on Chris Walsh in that packers,vikings game.It was totally uncalled for the guy was kneeling down,then after the fact the ref's said they should have blown the whistle:(

19. tripleoption

City, State:
    KOSH
    '00 XLT
    I'll start that new post. Please do discuss this further. And that Viking hit, too. I'll defend Edwards on that one.

20. tripleoption

City, State:
    KOSH
    '00 XLT
    What year did they go to the Super Bowl again? I can't find the game you're talking about. Maybe this thread should have never began, eh? Talk about bad form. I wouldn't say I'm arguing with anyone, just trying to understand your logic.

By the way, what would you say if Sherman didn't approach Warren on the field, but instead gave an interview on ESPN saying "If I was 25 and had no conscience and no kids, I'd have kicked his ass right there at the 30 yard line." Would that be more appropriate for an NFL coach? To go through another medium to talk to this professional athlete? Yea, NOW it's over.

21. Bashman

Bashman Elite Hornet Handler

City, State:
    Trenton, Ontario
    09 Wrangler Unlimited now
    #1..tripleoption,we're talking about this year's trip to the Super Bowl

#2..Warren Sapp Born: 19th/Dec/72 that equals 29..not 25...

#3 If I might use my favorite line from work....
    "Come talk to me when you think you know something!"

P.S. DocVijay...I checked out your "mugshot" and I really feal old now that you told me you know some of the cheerleaders and realized how young they were. Could you at least help me to my rocking chair?:D

GO BUCS