Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Can we say, "BUCCANEERS IN THE SUPER BOWL!!!"

Discussion in 'Exploring everything under the sun!!' started by DocVijay, November 24, 2002.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. aldive

aldive Elite In Memoriam

Year, Model & Trim Level:
    1999 XLT
    If you think that, obviously YOU didn't watch the game, or maybe don't understand it. Have YOU ever played football?

2. Support EF

Elite Explorer 2 for 1 Sale! $20 for 2 years!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. tripleoption

tripleoption Active Member

City, State:
    KOSH
    '00 XLT
    Like I said, I didn't watch much of the game this past weekend. I was driving home from up north. All I'm wondering is what exactly Sapp did to deserve such high praise. I see he had one tackle, and got poked in the eye. Oh yea, I did see him come in for Alstott's touchdown. Whoop-de-do. William Perry did that years ago. Fatass leading the way. I'm suggesting that maybe you're so brainwashed into thinking Sapp is great you just automatically say he "had an excellent game as usual." Perhaps he did what's expected of him, but to say he had an excellent game is a bit of a stretch. He's had better games I'm sure. I guess Tampa fans just have low standards.

And yea, I understand the game. I played football in high school. I was a quarterback. Where do you think my screen name came from, wiseguy? I understand the importance of linemen and blocking schemes and stunts and whatever else. I was too slow to do anything without them leading the way. :)

4. aldive

aldive Elite In Memoriam

1999 XLT
    Well Mr Option, as a former QB ( even though the games is not that complex at the High School level ) you should understand the importance of a D lineman hurrying the QB, getting him out of his rhythm and causing the hurrying of pass/attempts. There are a lot of stats for a D lineman other than tackles.

Yoo bad you didn’t get to see the game, it was a very good one.

Are you going to San Diego?

Last edited: January 21, 2003
  5. tripleoption

City, State:
    KOSH
    '00 XLT
    I'd say a guy with McNabb's agility shouldn't have a problem with Warren Sapp chasing him. Even with the ankle formerly known as broken, he should be able to get away from Sapp and his ego. I'm more worried about Rich Gannon getting hurried, since he's not the nimble, fleet-footed quarterback he once was...or maybe ever was. All in all, from what I've heard, I'd say McNabb played poorly more than Sapp played excellent.

My guess is the Raida's will employ short, quick passes, and perhaps some draw plays and screen passes, to counteract the immense pressure applied by Sapp and his cohorts. Imagine the irony of Al Davis getting a Lombardi Trophy from Paul Tagliabue.

6. DocVijay

DocVijay Meow

City, State:
    Tampa, FL
    1999 Sport 2WD

Actually Sapp is a valuable player becuase of his speed and size. If that weren't the case, then why do they usually assign two poeple to cover him in the line. Because he can usually win against one-on-one. So when he comes in for the offenseive drive where Alstott scored, there was a huge psychological effect of having the big man in there. The defensive line was not sure how to react to this change. Reputation is what it all comes down to. Sapp is know as being a great player. So when he comes in on a play where he usually isn't, it introduces a level of uncertainty in the other team. This is critical, and can hep win games. Football is as much brains as it is brawn. You've got to be able to read the offens (or defense) and try and counter their strategy. Sapp on the offensive line is not an ordinary play, and most teams have not had to face that, so they are unsure of what to do. That momentary hesitation when the ball is snapped is when you strike (and score a touchdown, which the Tampa offense was not supposed to be able to do... :D ).

7. aldive

aldive Elite In Memoriam

1999 XLT
    Further, Sapp's presence lights up the other 10 on D.

8. tripleoption

City, State:
    KOSH
    '00 XLT
    I know I've seen Sapp on offense more than once this season. If I've seen him there in goal line and down-and-short situations, I'm certain that every worthy opponent has seen this too. Heck, we had scouting in HS. NFL teams have playbooks and scouting notes dedicated to every other team. They DO know how to react...they just didn't execute.

If reputation is what it all comes down to, then Brett Favre would have won the MVP unanimously, and the Rams would be playing in the Super Bowl. It comes down to execution on each and every down. The Bucs seem to be able to do that. It's not Sapp playing excellent. It's the team as a whole executing it's design, combined with a lack of execution by opponents.

9. Rhett

Rhett Let Them Eat Cake Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Cape Girardeau, MO
    94 Sport 4x4
    I'll be rootin for the Raiders! I like TB though, I like good defense. Being a Rams fan, I never see any.

10. Bashman

Bashman Elite Hornet Handler

City, State:
    Trenton, Ontario
    09 Wrangler Unlimited now
    tripleoption, here's the link where I posted the info on the seats including the pic of switch placement. There is also another post right below my pic that someone lists another source.

Some heated seats please

11. burnin_up

burnin_up Active Member

City, State:
    Beaver Lake, NE...Tucson, AZ
    '01 Sport 4x4
    maybe 30 years ago it wasnt that complicated at the high school level...and sure enough its no where near as involved as the pros...but high school football these days will blow your mind if you ever take a real hard look at it. im only several years out of high school, and the guys that i go and watch now amaze me at how much they know, how much they study the game, film, plays, etc. im originally from nebraska, where football is somewhat of a state-sanctioned relegion. high school football is absolutely complex and serious there, and i know its even more crazy in places such as texas, and the bigger schools in southern florida will amaza just the same. go catch a game, and really watch it.

12. aldive

aldive Elite In Memoriam

1999 XLT
    I do watch it regularly, one of my best grioends is the head coach of one of the local powerhouse teams.

13. DocVijay

DocVijay Meow

City, State:
    Tampa, FL
    1999 Sport 2WD

Just thought I'd refresh everyones memory as to the contents of the first post. Seems like I was right. Man this rocks. Still trying to get to San Diego. Tickets are a bit pricey though.

14. DocVijay

DocVijay Meow

City, State:
    Tampa, FL
    1999 Sport 2WD
    Hey Al, which HS is that. I'm out of touch with that scene, so I don' know who's good any more.

15. aldive

aldive Elite In Memoriam

1999 XLT
    Manatee and Venice

16. Nate1

Nate1 All 4 wheels locked

City, State:
    Gainesville/Tampa, FL
    '96 FZJ-80
    Berkeley football reppin woot woot! :D We suck so bad man! Anyways, all you radiers fans, forget not, you are facing an old coach. I have a feeling Gruden still knows the ropes over there, and I'm pretty sure the bucs have some nice tricks up their sleeves, and sure, some of the Raiders may have a couple of SB rings, but they are also old and tired, I think it's the Buc's time to shine. IDK, but it's gonna be one helluva good game!
    -----Nate

17. aldive

aldive Elite In Memoriam

1999 XLT
    How Sweet It Is............

18. Nate1

Nate1 All 4 wheels locked

City, State:
    Gainesville/Tampa, FL
    '96 FZJ-80
    To be a bucs fan too!
    GOD BUCS WE ARE SO PROUD.
    GO BUCS! SUPERBOWL XXXVII CHAMPIONS OF THE WORLD!

19. DocVijay

DocVijay Meow

City, State:
    Tampa, FL
    1999 Sport 2WD

Proud is not even close to describing it! :D :D :D

20. Bashman

City, State:
    Trenton, Ontario
    All I can say is..... BUCS RULE!!!!!
    Aldive and Doc VJ, I know there were many people that counted us out, but after all this time we finally made it!!! Not only can we score a touchdown, we can win the SuperBowl!!!!

Last edited: January 27, 2003
  21. Bashman

City, State:
    Trenton, Ontario
    I guess we can declare this thread closed. :D

Last edited: January 27, 2003