Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Can you make the door handles chrome?

Discussion in 'Modified 1991-1994 Explorers' started by chrisgodaddy, July 29, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. chrisgodaddy

chrisgodaddy New Member

City, State:
      houston
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      93 xlt
      I have 1st gen with the black handles. I was thinking about buying the chrome stick on handles for 2nd gen and try to see if they fit the 1st gen. Anybody know? Has anybody successfully made the door handles chrome? http://www.lmctruck.com/features/fex/fexdr1.htm These bolt on inside ,but I doubt the rivets would fit my door on 1993.

http://www.bestany.com/automotive-1...2002-2005-ford-explorer-chrome-kit-39889.html here some covers for 2002 explorer..will these fit over my stock handles?

should i use chrome 3m molding tape? anybody tried it?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. Blee1099

Blee1099 Evil Asian EF Vendor Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
      Elkridge, MD
      Another option you can do is use chrome mirror vinyl.. Thats basically what alot of kits use.

4. tweakedlogic

tweakedlogic Active Member

City, State:
      memphis, tn
      '92 XLT
      There are companies that use paint that simulates chrome. That's how the manufacturers make chrome plastic parts. They have many colors of chrome too. I know there are some in Huston as big as it is. Start with the powder coating companies, If they don't do it, them may know who does. If they can't help, some of the chrome platers might. A google search had many hits.

You will have to remove your handles and give it to them for paint.