Votes: 150 40.5%
  • Yes, Manual

Votes: 51 13.8%
  • No, Manual

Votes: 15 4.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Update: Got it to powerbrake on dry pavement, spun 2 tires. Open diffs can spin both TOO!!!!! Sweet.

Shane

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I sat on a wet brick road today, no powerbrake, and spun them both well into third gear. :eek:

nope i cant anymore, i used to but i added my k&n air filter, 200 amp alternator and tb spacer now i cant, dont under stand why

what is a brakestand and a powerbrake

They are the same thing. Its when you hold the brake in and give it gas. With enough juice you can spin the tires sitting still. I can turn over my 33's now with the mods i made, not dramatically but i couldnt do it before.

do you use the parking brake or just the brakes, isnt that horrible on the brakes?

Just the regular brake. Im not sure what harm to the brakes it can cause other than usual wear. Someone else will have to answer that one.

The only wear that will occur is on your rear brakes. The front wheels are not spinning so they give the front brakes basically no wear at all. thats about it. There shouldnt be any other problem with it.
This might not be good for your clutch if you have a 5spd though. Seeing as you have to drop the clutch, but.... its all in fun so who cares. As long as you dont do it too often you will be fine.

i cant even get a chirp with a "powerbrake", i used to be able to get a chirp a year ago, anyone know why? what should i do, the only performance stuff that has changed is the k&n intake and Tb spacer

I have spun both on dry pavement by "accident". But why do it on purpose? I guess I am old (41), crusty, and cheap too. Trans and rear are not exactly hi-po...

24 hours ago, i could roll smoke and lay a nice 10ft patch with my Z24...last nite i blew the engine....right now, i cant even roll my tires, let alone spin them! (but getting a new engine this week)

Wow, that sucks. Sorry to hear that. But at least your getting a new one. Is it under warrenty or anything? I cant imagine a 99 would be.
And how do you go about blowing a engine in one of those? Too many smoky burnouts im sure didnt help.:D

I laid a nice patch with my Mercedes for about 20 feet halfways on accident when I pulled out of the stop light and revved too high,....spun the heck out of the tires and the car started to go a little sideway near the end too! The GF didnt like that too much though. These 3.0 liter I-6's are verrry peppy!

Originally posted by STEVE-O84X
Wow, that sucks. Sorry to hear that. But at least your getting a new one. Is it under warrenty or anything? I cant imagine a 99 would be.
And how do you go about blowing a engine in one of those? Too many smoky burnouts im sure didnt help.:D

no warranty; it had 127k on it. the 2.4L DOHC tends to have a knack for spinning bearings, ususally at the #3 position (and mine having 127k combined with being a 5-speed and seeing higher RPMs sisnt help).

basically, the roads were ice so there was alot of spinning do it started knocking badly. checked it out, really low on oil. added oil, still knocked. dropped off my friend and decided to punch it to see how bad it got and soemthing gave. instead of knock at 3k RPM+, it was all the time and the clutch was viibrating. it was drivable, but barely. had it towed, and got the bad news.

what really makes me mad is that i got rid of teh truck the day before the first snow, partially bacsue of MPG and partially because teh thrans was on its way out...wit hwhat i have put into the car, i would have replaced teh trans and re-geared to take care of my MPG issue, and it would have been almost done! (and with several more features and 30k less miles!) oh well.

Oh, well that sucks. Hope you get it fixed soon. And yes you obviously should have kept the X.:D

I wish i could, AWD, you know how it goes. But the 5 O pulls strong!

Yes auto but only on turns and smooth slick pavement. Homemade kkm, exhaust being shipped.

B&M racing products makes a shift controller p/n 70383 (91 to 94 x) firm up the shifts
they also make an electric controller p/n 70381 (95 to 03) very affordable!!!

I can easily spin my tires...known to pull off a 15+ft burnout :) Oh and thats from a standstill...don't have to turn or it be wet

Auto, could with my stocker 235 Michelins, my Kumhos with about a 10 inch footprint and being a very sticky perf tire, just launch, is a problem now keeping the front tires on the ground, 6 inch wheelies are way cool LOL

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hey XplorerOwnsYou I was looking at your X on your website. I noticed that you have dual Ravin Exhaust. In your pictures you didnt have 2 tail pipes, where did you put the other one, did you have it go on the opposite side?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back