Votes: 150 40.5%
  • Yes, Manual

Votes: 51 13.8%
  • No, Manual

Votes: 15 4.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just spun my tires in reverse at my friends place, just put a 80mm mas on it, and it went for a bout 20ft spinning, i had to stop though :(.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

spindlecone said:
Auto, could with my stocker 235 Michelins, my Kumhos with about a 10 inch footprint and being a very sticky perf tire, just launch, is a problem now keeping the front tires on the ground, 6 inch wheelies are way cool LOL

Was this a joke or am I missing something? What vehicle was this with??? lol.

rocket 5979 said:
Was this a joke or am I missing something? What vehicle was this with??? lol.

I think he was joking..... ;)

Although those sport tracks got some mad power yo. :rolleyes:

STEVE-O84X said:
I think he was joking..... ;)

Although those sport tracks got some mad power yo. :rolleyes:
Rocket, was a joke here, Steve, 17.17? is that the best you can do

spindlecone said:

The best? Nah, probably not. Is that all I could get out of my then stock 145HP 3.0? Yes. This summer I'll go back to the track with my truck and see if I can improve. My 60' times might improve because of the t-loc, and i have a few other new additions that should help. :cool:

Oh and btw, what does the sport trac run? This is out of curiosity.....it has the 4.0 SOHC right?

hehe 0-60mph for me was low 12 seconds, buddy an i were testin out the new mas :D.

spindlecone said:

Sorry bout that, sometimes I have a one track mind. lol. I was hoping you WERE for real, I wonder if a 700 big block would fit in the engine bay of a sport track? :bounce: :burnout:

I have not tried to do so in mine yet, but it has been my experience that all of the vehicles I have ever owned before could. Mostly Auto's. Although it is not recommended at any degree, neutral drops work well for burnouts. ***Good Bye Tranny ***

Have tested on:
1st car Auto -85 T-bird, 3.8V6 Wet pavement or neutral drop
2nd car Auto -89 Plymouth Voyager 3.0 V6 Would burn in any condition
3rd car 5spd -95 Ranger I4 Would not break loose to save its life
4th car Auto -90 Dodge Dynasty 3.0 V6 Any condition
5th car Auto -90 Plymouth Voyager 3.3V6 Neutral drops, Few Launches
6th car 5spd -02 Accent I4 Clutch drops
7th car Auto -01 X Sport Not yet tested

Damn I have had a lot of vehicles in 10 years....lol

yes with auto,

only a slight chirp from a straight-away, but when starting into a turn it will spin usually one tire, especially on right turns with the dominate wheel

my car on the other hand, it will kick the back end out around turns and it does donuts pretty good, but from the straight-away that limited slip with the 3.27s doesn't allow the tires to spin really,

my 95 2wd Ranger auto with the 3.0 could always spin'em usually only one-wheel wonders but it could really squawk'em :burnout:

my 90 f-150 will spin'em if the suspension didn't hop so bad :D

I have a stock v8 awd with locking diff and it will spin the front and rear tires easily on dry pavement, with brand new tires too.

I got the STi to spin them for the first time last night. All 4 spun for just a bit, then hooked up and the car rocketed forward. Probably got the advertised 4.8 0-60 for the first time since owning the car :D

My 92 only spins em when turning. Even w/o spinning the tires, I got a low 11 for my 0-60 time. My 99 spins em all the time. Its real annoying. Ill be like pulling out of my driveway, and accelerating to 30 at a very reasonable pace, and the tires will squeal(theyre brand new BF Goodrichs) and ppl will yell at me "Slow Down! This is a neighborhood!" :rolleyes: I guess to them, i'm one of "those" kids.

yes If I take out the front drive shaft.
but the awd don't spin

Hell yea-- the OHV kicks a$$. :bounce:

Haha anyone with an OHV auto knows I'm joking. :p
I couldn't spin if I wanted. :banghead:

I can get a decent chirp on the right road turning dry. Wet ain't much better. I've got the Manual tranny, 4.0 OHV, 255/75/R16 Michelin MTX. That Auto 4x4 always kicks in right away. I have no performance mods (cept the drop in K&N) and alot of weight in the back as well. I never had a problem burning in anything else I've driven (Even my moms old 89 Dodge Caravan 4-banger) And nobody I've let drive it can get the tires to spin on pavement.

:nono: :burnout:

Chew_12 said:
hey XplorerOwnsYou I was looking at your X on your website. I noticed that you have dual Ravin Exhaust. In your pictures you didnt have 2 tail pipes, where did you put the other one, did you have it go on the opposite side?
ah yeah i've got newer pics on my comp. those are old, the tips come straight out the back.
send me a message if u want pics or aim at buckeyedox45

92 XL 2 door, 5 speed and 31x10.50 mud terrains can get a little spin. the 3.73 LS rear can make for a decent fishtail around low speed corners. This thing NEVER hydroplanes either, even with the downpours/standing water we get here.

The SHO... well, 220HP thru the front tires with a 5 speed manual, spinning tires all thru 1st gear till the 7,300 RPM redline isn't a challenge.

92 with brand new liberator(michelin) tires. got it to spin after i fixed the severe brake drag i was gettin at all 4 wheels. :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i can make mine chrip..and leave 7-10 feet black marks on the road if i put it in 1st..i can really smoke them in reverse and around corners..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back