Canadian Delivery | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Canadian Delivery

Bbs15

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 ST
I’m in Canada and got my build date of Jan 8 and wondered how long do you think I have to wait until delivery. I placed my order on August 20th.

Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks.....

I'd check with your dealer, unless it went to QC, they should have an ETA now.

No real way to tell you when going to a different country. Could say 2-3 weeks but it is anyone's guess.

As blwnsmoke said, your dealer is the best source of information. When I ordered my 2011 it was shipped via rail to a place just outside (east, I think) of Toronto. If yours follows the same route they'll likely put it on a carrier truck and shoot up the 400 to you.

Peter

For what it's worth; since I had a new Chevrolet truck stuck in Canada for a month and no one at Chevrolet seemed to really care if they found it, the rail car that was in Salt Lake City instead of Canada, was retrieved in ten days. The rail car with my truck and seven other vehicles intended for the Salt Lake City terminal, was still in Canada for another three weeks. So I'm inclined to think you may have better/quicker service than the USA.

Short history on my Aviator; original build date was pushed back three times. When it did get built on 2019-12-04, it had an "endDateEta" of 2019-12-28. Then it disappeared for awhile with no updates. Next time it showed up it was "returned from offsite" meaning it went to QC. Then the "etaEndDate" changed to the infamous 1990-01-01". Then nothing more for two more weeks, thankfully my dealer told me last week it was back, but not assigned a rail car. Today that it had finally been accepted by the rail road for shipping, but not yet assigned to a rail car. So it's been sitting in Chicago for two weeks since it came back from Detroit.

It was ordered in August, I hope you do not have to wait as long......

Back