Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Cancel Route turns off the A/C as well

Discussion in 'Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion' started by lexrid, July 11, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. lexrid

lexrid Active Member

City, State:
      Holly Springs, NC
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2011 Limited
      Here we go again...another weird function of MFT.

Every time I use the Cancel Route voice command for the NAV, after the confirmation prompt, not only does it Cancel the route it also turns off of the A/C. Fan is still blowing, but the A/C is no longer selected. I don't know if this happens when you actually press Cancel Route on the screen. Any one else seeing this behavior?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. 2nd X

2nd X New Member

City, State:
      San Antonio Texas
      2011 Limited 4x4
      No, I've cancel route serveral time and everything worked fine.

4. vfral1

vfral1 Active Member

City, State:
      Cumming, GA
      '11 LTD Golden Bronze
      Got to say, that's one bug that I haven't seen.

"Cancel route" has worked for me so far, but I still only have 2600 miles on the rig, I'm sure it's coming...

5. jnimon

jnimon New Member

City, State:
      North Ridgeville, OH
      2011 Explorer Limited
      I have had it happen 3-4 times in 2 months. It has always happened when manually canceling route.

6. BethesdaEC

BethesdaEC Active Member

City, State:
      Ellicott City, MD
      2011 Red Explorer Limited
      There are a bunch of little bugs in the system. It mostly works but, today for example I started a phone call before I got to my car, turned it on and with my old vintage 2008 Sync there would be a slight pause in the conversation as the phone switched from phone to blue-tooth and everything would be good. Not so with MFT, the Blue Tooth never picked up and whats more once I terminated the call the phone never connected. I manually tried to reconnect the phone, but first I had to select disconnect because it thought at some level it was connected even though all phone options were disabled.

I had a 40 minute drive so tried several time to reconnect and I even restarted my iPhone 4 just to isolate the problem. Still no luck, but after I got to my destination and came back out everything worked fine.

The system seems to work in a laboratory environment, but as soon as you deviate from the happy path it all breaks down. When I bought my first Sync system in 2008, this was part of the ad campaign, talking on the phone and hopping in the car mid conversation and having it seamlessly transition over the car. Granted the ad showed it happening in a split second after starting the car but it did happen within a couple of seconds.

I would characterize the programming as a house of cards as oppose to a robust system. As long as you follow the carefully choreographed sequence that was designed and tested then I works reasonable well but as soon as you throw a wrench and deviate from the test cases, it all falls apart.

I really hope that Ford fixes this very soon. If I were trying to operate out of my car on a daily basis for business this system would be a disaster. Fortunately for me I spend most of my day in the office so this is more of a toy that hard business issue. The voice command don't respond for about a minute after you start the car. The iPod randomly doesn't resume playing and I have to select a different source and then go back to the iPod to get it to work again. The nav is a disaster, if you try to type in an address it will start to fill in letters for you as the selection narrows but it is so slow that you type the letters before it eliminate the choices so you end up with double typed letters.

7. Tampa01

Tampa01 New Member

City, State:
      Tampa, FL
      2013 Explorer
      I have not had my AC turn off when canceling a route... but I have had the AC automatically start blowing from the defrost vents when the AC had been blowing out the front vents before I canceled the route.