Can't cancel Porsche Wheel & Tire Insurance | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Can't cancel Porsche Wheel & Tire Insurance

davidsalata

Reaction score
City, State
texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
When I bought my new Porsche a few weeks ago, the finance guy did the usual trick of including a ton of extras (extended warranty, paint protection etc.) in the monthly amount. I spotted these before signing but I ended up relenting on the Wheels & Tires insurance - 2 years for $3,500 which I realize now was too much but I was in a hurry to drive the 900 miles home. Fast forward to two weeks ago, I tried to make a minor claim and ran into a sea of paperwork with the 3rd party insurance co and had no dealership support. In the end I decided to pay out of pocket for the repairand just cancel this policy.

Apparently I need the Porsche dealership finance guy to kick off the cancellation process but he won't call me back or return my emails. Assuming this is because he'll lose some commission. I'm trying to escalate via my salesperson to the GM but it's all just a waste of my time.

Has anyone been down this path before? Is there a big red button I can push somewhere to get this cancelled?

In this situation the squeaky wheel will get the grease. Once you sign you basically own it unless there is in writing a way to cancel the policy. If your within 30 days I'd assume you should be able to.

A letter from your attorney usually will do the trick.

Back