Can't find audio line in on 2017 platinum | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Can't find audio line in on 2017 platinum

xhauler

Reaction score
City, State
Idaho
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Platinum
I'm thinking it might have been removed, can't find a 3.5mm aux input anywhere. If true, what is the best option for connecting legacy DVD players to sound system? Is there some kind of Bluetooth transmitter? Or is there such a thing as a male 3.5mm to USB adapter?

Thanks in advance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm thinking it might have been removed, can't find a 3.5mm aux input anywhere. If true, what is the best option for connecting legacy DVD players to sound system? Is there some kind of Bluetooth transmitter? Or is there such a thing as a male 3.5mm to USB adapter?

Thanks in advance.

No 3.5mm stereo jack on this vehicle. Kinda legacy technology, but that said they still included a CD Player so kinda confusing.

The older Explorers had Audio/Video RCA connectors in the media hub but thats also been removed.

Your only option is USB but Im not even sure the multi media system allows for video input through USB.

You could try connecting through DVD but I guess it depends on what part of the Bluetooth stack the DVD player audio uses.

Looks like Ford removed the headphone jack before Apple did. Courage.

As Sgt said, your best bet at this point is Bluetooth.

Looks like Ford removed the headphone jack before Apple did. Courage.

As Sgt said, your best bet at this point is Bluetooth.
Great, thanks for the feedback. I'll look for something and report back how it works.

OK, I'm still at a loss here for how to connect the sound output (think of it like the 3.5mm headphone output) to the Sync3 audio system. I ordered this from Amazon https://www.amazon.com/TROND-Blueto...&keywords=trond+2+in+1+wireless+bluetooth+4.1

The idea is that this bluetooth trasmitter connects to Sync3 like a phone and then you plug the 3.5mm into the device and it streams the sound to sync. So the first time I tried to pair it, it recognized it in sync3, but when I clicked connect, it never would connect. I deleted it from sync3 and tried to pair again and everytime it says it was unsuccessful.

If we were to ask for how to get the headphone jack sound into the audio system, what would they say?? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Back