Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Car AC stays same temp (warm)

Discussion in 'Stock 1995 - 2001 Explorers' started by Pepiv, July 28, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Pepiv

Pepiv New Member

City, State:
      Lakeland, Fl
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      00 Mountaineer
      Hello, first off thank you everybody for you very useful posts. I have learned so much from this site it is amazing.

My problem is: No AC or Heat. There is air coming out of the vents though.

I thought it was the blender door. I tried the "quick fix" method and The blender door is stuck in the closed position (a lot of tension when i try to open it). However, even when i pry the door open a little with my hand I still don't feel cool air. This tells me my actual problem is deeper then the blender door itself. My lower freon gauge says my freon is full. Any suggestions on what my next "self check" should be? Thank you very much for your time and all the helpul posts.

Paul

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Pepiv

Pepiv New Member

City, State:
      Lakeland, Fl
      00 Mountaineer
      Come to find out my compressor is working intermittenly. I have checked previously and it was working... I guess i didn't look long enough because this time i noticed it stopping and going.

4. CDW6212R

CDW6212R Hauls the mail. Elite Explorer

Media:
      Albums:
      City, State:
      Knoxville, TN
      98 Limited AWD
      Watch the heater control valve while you change the AC selections/buttons. I have a HCV that isn't receiving vacuum most of the time, which is heating my AC air.

Check the vacuum lines well, those are more and more likely to have leaks or be damaged, unplugged etc.

5. Pepiv

Pepiv New Member

City, State:
      Lakeland, Fl
      00 Mountaineer
      Don Awesome tips! I will check the HCV and vac lines shortly. Come to find out there is an "AC & Heater" forum on the site, do to my lack of any forum experience I think I posted this under the wrong forum.

With that being said, I'm excited i got a response! Thanks for the time and great tip to look for!

Paul