Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

CB's

Discussion in 'Ham Radio - CB - Trail Communications' started by Adam, October 23, 2000.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. Adam

Adam Member

City, State:
    St. Louis, MO
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    95 Sport
    I know there is a thread for CB's, but there isn't much action there, so I thought I would bring my question here. I am looking to install a CB into my 95 Sport, and I was wondering where all of you that have one have installed it at. If you have pictures that would be great. Also, does anybody think a certain one is better than another.

thanks

Adam

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. leebo

leebo Moderator Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Mingo Junction, OH
    1994 Explorer Sport
    Try doing a search on this site....there has been a ton of talk done on this subject. I myself have the cobera cb. All the controls are in the mic itself. It make for a clean\hidden install. This is nice if you don't want a ton of stuff cluddering your space. I myself only use it for the trails and I love it for that. As for highway driving....you give up some in this case though. Due to its size some of the power is lost. The strength isn't what sells it...the size is.

4. Rob2000XLT

Rob2000XLT Active Member

City, State:
    Charlotte, NC
    '00 XLT
    Leebo,
    I am interested in that CB. Can you post some pictures on your install?
    Thanks
    Rob
    Rob2000XLT

5. Ray Lobato

Ray Lobato Moderator Moderator Emeritus

2006 Honda Accord
    Rob,
    The Cobra 75WX ST is what Lee has. Right now Bills-2way has them for sale for $95.99 new in box or Factory refurbished for $69.99 with a 1 year factory warranty.
    Here's a hyperlink to Bill's 2-Way. scroll down towards the bottom.

6. leebo

leebo Moderator Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Mingo Junction, OH
    1994 Explorer Sport
    To be honest with you....no I can't. The box that needs to be mounted is hidden under the carpet. All you see is a very small bump under the carpet and the mic and cable coming off of it. Nothing can be seen in terms of mounting. That is the main reason I use this one. It's the cleanest install I've seen yet right out of the box and is great for the "family" suv. You'll get a cb without adding more cludder to the truck. Here is a link to cobra's website. If you scroll to the bottom of the screen you will see the box that needs to be mounted. There's nothing more than that and the mic. The box is about the size as a cell phone.
    http://www.cobraelec.com/scripts/sh...ID=168235586&ACTION=action&FILE=new/75wx.html