• Register Today It's free!

cd player

fishing

Reaction score
City, State
Little Rock, Arkansas
Year, Model & Trim Level
'05 XLT 4x4
I have a 2005 Explorer XLT, I don't use the cd player much but was using it and a cd that I made on my computer won't eject. It comes up on the screen and says ej err. Has anybody else had this problem and how to fix it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have had eject problems a couple of times and once just shut it down and tried again, the other time I pulled it out with a small instrument. Not sure it has anything to do with the particular CD.

lightly hit the dash above the cd player while it is trying to eject the cd. My stock cd player does that every time i put a new cd in for the first time.

May be a very late response (just joined today, first post... yeah, weird thread to start in :)). I've found that with several CD's... and have realized that those CD's were just EVER SO SLIGHTLY thicker than "normal". The top edge of the CD is hitting the top inside of the slot.

Now, when it happens, I just grab any extra CD, and gently slide it 1/2" in, ON TOP of the stuck CD... and it comes out happily. In other words, just enough to deflect/bend the stuck CD downwards just a slight amount.

fishing said:
I have a 2005 Explorer XLT, I don't use the cd player much but was using it and a cd that I made on my computer won't eject.

Oh! Forgot something that may be important...

Long ago, when I bought my Explorer, I lamented that I could not easily hook my portable hard-drive MP3 player (from 2000, way before iPods) to the in-dash 6-disk player.

In my research, I'd read some people found that their 2003 Expeditions would play MP3 discs!!!. This was not mentioned in their manuals; they just played them.

In anticipation, I ran out to my Explorer and stuck in a CD with 100 MP3s on it. Sadly, it would not play - but the display DID say something like "Computer data" (or "data CD").

Have you tried playing an MP3 CD in your 2005 Explorer?

Hi - Turn off the radio - turn off the ignition, turn on the radio, then turn on the ignition and immediately hit eject - it should eject. That has worked reliably for me.

Back