Cd stuck in pioneer 6 disk changer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Cd stuck in pioneer 6 disk changer

03whtexpsprt

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 sport
I have a neighbor who has a 01 sport trac and it has a 6 disk pioneer radio in it and it has a stuck cd in it....he has had the truck since it was brand new and already had the original radio(pioneer 6 disk) replaced once because of it eating a cd and it wouldnt eject it now the 2nd radio(pioneer 6 disk) is doing the same and this one isnt under warranty...so now I'm stuck with fixing it(no big deal).....my question is if I remove the outer shell of the radio is there a easy way to eject the cd and clean the eject motor... IT IS A PIONEER 6 DISK CHANGER... thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is it one that's in dash, or in the center console?

Mine did that a few times, and I just removed the shell and re-aligned the tracks and worked again, until FIL tried loading a disk without choosing an empty slot and killed it.
But once I opened it up it was pretty self explanatory

disconnect the ground side of your battery, this will reset the radio and the disc will come out. But it will happen again, and keep on happening until it finally dies. That is what mine did and several others as well.

If you can see the CD and it just isn't coming all the way out- try giving it a little push with a tool back into the changer, then it should eject. At least, that's what I did when I had an issue with mine!

@jad what do you mean by FIL?...yeah he said that he can see it...im wondering if i should just tell him 2 get a custom one and i can throw it in and be done with it(meaning he wont have to worry about another cd getting stuck again)...

If he would, do it- those changers are suspect at best. If it's jamming now, it's only a short matter of time before it totally craps out.

FIL = Father in law

I wouldn't recommend doing the neg battery, it'll reset the computer too and drive funny for a while and the HU will not always restart, unpluging the HU restarts it all the time, you can try that.

I fixed mine several times, you can clearly see when a track is missaligned or dislodged from the mechanism, so just move it to match the rest of the tracks, once you put it together and plug it in, it'll reset itself and might keep working.

I had to "fix" mine around every 6 months until last month when it finally crapped out. I replaced it with a stock single disk HU

If you're going to replace it- it'd highly recommend the 6 disk in console changers. I had one in my 97 sport and loved the thing to death! Bought a spare changer, loaded both for 12 CDs, and switched back and forth. Worked out great, never any problems, until I traded in the car later on.

yeah hes a older guy...so ill either fix his every couple of months or go n yank a single disk from one at a scrap yard (01-03 exp sprt or 01-05 sprt trac)...if he doesnt want a custom one...

glad to know im not the only one with this problem, I just wish double din's werent so much money

You can replace the HU (head unit) with a single din one with an adapter kit

ya but that just wouldnt look quite right I dont think,guess ill just get sirius or xm

@jad...a single disk player would also work out of a 01-03 exp sport correct? I believe it has all the same hook ups....cant really remember...its been 4 years since I took mine out...I just replaced mine with a aftermarket pioneer right when I got it b/c I can't live without my loud music(only keep it tastefully loud....if that makes sense...) haha

You would need to compare them, I'm not really sure which ones would interchange
:dunno:

On my 02 I have an 06 HU, I just had to buy the reverse harness.
If you want one that won't plug and play, you'll need to buy the reverse harness for the HU and a harness for the truck, then solder/crimp/tape them together

Mine did the same thing. If i was listening to a CD and it switched the whole thing would lock up. Wouldnt let me switch or eject CDs. My solution,
bought a new head unit from crutchfield.com.
Installed it
Blew my other one up with tannerite and a .308
:)

I have the Ford OEM Premium CD-6 Ford Part Number: YL2F-18C815-GC in dash CD-6 that I pulled out of my ST when I put the DVD system in it. I would sell it very cheap. The cd trays and tracks work well the system looks nice and radio works great.

cds stuck in 6 disk pioneer changer

someone mentioned to remove the front plate of the cd changer. how do i do this? does it just spap on and off?
the shell that is

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I fought with mine for a few weeks to get the previous owner's CD's out. Checked on "aligning" things, resetting, disconnected battery and all that stuff. Finally bit the bullet and got this JVC unit for less than $250.00 using an online coupon.....
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_105KWR900B/JVC-KW-R900BT.html?tp=5684

Free shipping in two days. Crutchfield said my SW & amp would not work and I would need to rewire all of the speakers. But....by searching this and other forums I found a Metra harness to use with the free Crutchfield harness and everything worked like a charm! Sound pretty good for stock speakers, amp, and little-bitty sub-woofer.

And I can play MP3's from a flash drive with new tons of music every day. Oh and it links to both my and SWMBO's Bluetooth mobile phones...at the same time!
Definitely a step up for me.....

Just sayin'.....
Cheers!

Back