Centerline Matrix, Watcha think? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Centerline Matrix, Watcha think?

Try throwin a set of KMC helions on there and see what it looks like. Expo5.0 took his off so they they are begging to be put on someone elses truck.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Those last wheels kinda look like ALL the wheels that came on Matchbox Cars.:D I like the first ones MUCH better!

Those last wheels kinda look like ALL the wheels that came on Matchbox Cars.

Now that you mention it, I sorta tend to agree! I really like the Centerlines, but I fear that they are around$400+ a piece. This is starting to hurt my brain, Cobra R's would be so much easier.

Hey 98X5.0, did you check out the link I posted above? That has the same clean look as the Q5.

I'm not sure if you saw this thread\ or not but it's a killer deal. Click on his home page to see some pics of them on his truck. I don't think they look too bad.

Originally posted by Robb
Those last wheels kinda look like ALL the wheels that came on Matchbox Cars.:D I like the first ones MUCH better!

Ditto...

X-Factor: Yeah, I checked those out. I don't really care much for them for some reason. I can't swipe the pic for Chop Shop fun either!

X24: I think the Hellions might be a little to Bling for me. I like the depth that they have, but I dont care for the twisted look too much. I liked em on expos ride but I just don't think they are for me.

To irritate you guys some more (yeah, I can at least admit I'm a pain in the @@$) check these out. I REALLY think this might be the one. I can choose from three finishes and 8", 9" or 10" widths all in 18". I'm thinking 18X9 up front and 18X10 in the rear would be awesome except when it came time to rotate the tires!:rolleyes: They offer silver, chrome, and "black ice" which I guess is like the hyperblack finsh others are offering? Looks like chrome that has a layer of brake dust on it to me! Anyway, as expected by now here's the pics:

Attachments

• rtblack.jpg
    rtblack.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 331

The chop (of course)

Attachments

• rtx.jpg
    rtx.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 330

And one from the manufacturers site with a little help from me.;)

Attachments

• explorerrt18.jpg
    explorerrt18.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 330

They look so close to cobra's when on the truck, I'd almost go with the first ones.

Oh, I really like the Centerlines, cept $400 plus per wheel makes me want to puke! Now if money was no object, I wouldn't be driving an Explorer either!:D I want to try and stay around $1500 for wheels AND tires!

How about these: 18x8.5 $189/ea.
R7.B.a.gif

Hey, now your talking! Where did you find those at? That is just about right in line with the look I am after!:D

I will have to Chop it and see what it is like. Thanks for the pic.

PM sent.

Tire Rack

Tire Rack's got them for $159/ea. Unsure of shipping but might get a deal if you needed tires also.

Okay, I did find them there. Dosn't appear to be any fitment for an X though? I know they are super annal about what wheels they think will fit specific vehicles though. Here's my rendition:

Attachments

• modar7.jpg
    modar7.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 311

For $159 a piece, that is a steal! Good brand name too. Do you know if you could order specifically for the type of offset you need?

Sweet!

That look way better on your rig than the file photo. I just entered a Ford Ranger and it comes up with more of a selection. Dunno why, would be the same....

Man thats strange, I found em like you said under a 4X4 1998 Ranger, but not under the Explorer. Is there a chance that these just wont fit an Explorer properly? I priced it out with Scorpion Zeros, mounted, balanced, shipped to my door for $1295! That is a freakin DEAL! WHY WOULD THEY FIT A RANGER AND NOT AN EXPLORER? If anyone has the scoop please let me know! THANKS NOTAJP!!:D :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There's no reason they won't fit. I have seen several websites with the "auto fit" program that do the same thing.

You're more than welcome. You're X is looks kick @ss.

Back