Central Valve Bodies vs 800700tran.com | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Central Valve Bodies vs 800700tran.com

elrynon

Reaction score
City, State
Winter Haven, Fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 Eddie Bauer 4.0 SOHC
Central Valve Bodies vs 800700tran.com (Topic has "shifted gears" slightly)

Title pretty much says it all. Taking explorer in monday (hopefully) to get tested (getting codes P0734, P0735 and P0741. No 4th or 5th). From what I've read I HOPE it's just a solenoid.

I contacted them both to give me a list of EVERYTHING they do so I can compare them. 800700tran is cheaper by far AND with a 3 year warranty. However, on the surface CentralValveBodies LOOKS like they do more updates/mods but more expensive and only a 1 year warranty.

Is this pretty much a pepsi vs coke argument? All on preference? Or is there a clear winner between the two? I'm hoping for advice/opinions from people who have used the two.

I know I asked this in another thread but I'm worried the question has been buried in other information. If it IS my solenoid(s) that have taken a crap should I just get the solenoid(s) and be done? Are the updates/mods to the valve body worth the extra $150ish? I've found multiple places where I can get just the solenoids (all six) for around $90ish (or the TCC solenoid for $20ish). Just trying to figure out what I should/shouldn't replace so that way A)I'm not just throwing money/parts at it but at the same time B)don't want to have to drop everything AGAIN to replace different parts. Thanks for the help guys!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Donny from Central Valve Bodies has been providing excellent service with a discount to members on this site for a long time. I've heard a lot of complaints about the other place. They don't have a good record on the BBB's website either. Stick with Central Valve Bodies, and tell them that you're a member on this site. They stand behind their products. Remember the old saying "you get what you pay for".

Yeah......I was kind of leaning more towards CVB as well. Just wanted some input from people on here first. I e-mailed both people (Donny from CVB and Scott from 800700Tran and Donny replied back with all the details and Scott's response was "call me"?????)

Now I just need to figure out if I just get the one solenoid (if that's all that it is) or a whole brand new updated VB. Wife wants to just get the one solenoid because she's scared of dropping too much money into this thing plus she's "certain" that the tranny is shot. Can't blame her though, seems like that's how crap goes in our life. :D lol

I'll do a search later on when I have more time but off the top of your head do you have any idea if there are threads telling how to do that? Like I said, not asking you to do research for me. Just an "off the top of your head" thing. :)

http://www.transmissionpartsusa.com/4R44E_4R55E_5R55E_internal_wire_harness_p/230-00023400a.htm
230-00023400A-2.jpg

This is what the wiring harness looks like. You will need a continuity tester to check it.

FOR THOSE THAT DON'T FEEL LIKE READING
*P0734, P0735 and P0741 codes were being thrown
*Replaced the VB gaskets and still the same
*Got a rebuilt VB from Central Valve Bodies(Go there, you won't be sorry)
*Seemed at first like everything was fine but eventually flashing OD light with P0734, P0735 and P0741 codes again
*Everything looked good and clean when I pulled pan/VB off. No "extra bits" floating anywhere
*Forgot to do continuity test on harness(noticed hairline fractures in the insulation of a couple of the wires. About 99.9% sure this won't affect the continuity test at all but what about when hot ass fluid comes in contact with them? When all the connectors were put in place the wires were good. Only time I saw the fractures was when I was moving the harness out of the way to pull the VB)
*Everything slid into place with no problems. All was smooth. Torqued down to spec
*At wits end

So I finally got the $$$$ and time to do the VB swap. In the end I went with CVB. Like everyone here said, Donny was awesome and helpful. I finished putting everything back together today and went for a drive. MAJOR difference in shifting. Honestly, almost couldn't tell she was shifting it was that smooth. So I took her on my normal route to work (where I get up to about 55-60) and I passed the point where the OD light usually starts flashing. No light. YES! Then about 2-3 miles down the road it started flashing. So I swung in and got the codes read and they were P0734, P0735 and P0741. Same codes I was getting before the VB swap. Any ideas on what my next move is? Unfortunately I did not get a chance to check the continuity of the harness because I had forgotten about that suggestion since I originally posted this about 6 months ago. When I have the time to drop the pan and pull the harness, what else can/should I check for?

You probably need to replace the torque converter and do a master rebuild kit. At least you have the valve body squared away, so you won't to mess with that too much.

I purchased from 800700tran.com for a different vehicle and was very please.

Back