1. Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership!

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Changing only one side rotor and brake pads

Discussion in 'Stock 1995 - 2001 Explorers' started by bounsoul, April 10, 2007.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. bounsoul

bounsoul New Member

City, State:
    NY, NY
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    '01 XLS
    So I just changed the front driver's side rotor and brake pads. The reason I didn't do the passenger side is I got powerslot rotors and the company I bought them from sent me two left sides instead of a left and a right. The right one is ordered and on it's way. I estimate that I'll be driving all residential streets, for a total of maybe 30 minutes max from now until I get the other rotor shipped and put on. I will brake nice and slow and drive nice and slow (30 mph max) from now until then. Does anyone think this will mess up my brakes in any way? I know powerslot says that I'm supposed to do all that wearing in of the brakes by forcibly breaking 5 times from 30-0, etc etc...but I figure I'll just do that when I get the other rotor and new pads installed. I did a test drive around the block and everything appeared in working order. Will 15 miles of careful driving do any damage? Im not worried about having a slight pulling of the car for the next few days, as long as I'm not doing any permanent damage.

The reason I didn't just wait to do both at the same time is it was my first time and the person showing me how to do it isn't going to be around next week. Any insight would be appreciated.

2. Support EF

Elite Explorer 2 for 1 Sale! $20 for 2 years!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. cgriffin_5139

cgriffin_5139 B

you sould be ok just be carefull go slow

4. ExplorerDMB

ExplorerDMB Moderator/Technician Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
    Mechanicsville, Virginia
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2004 Acura TL
    You need to break them in evenly. I wouldn't drive it and just wait - but it will be ok to drive it.

-Drew