Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Check Advance Trac flashes in MC when I turn off Ex

Discussion in 'Stock 2002 - 2005 Explorers' started by jchristian79, December 29, 2011.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. jchristian79

jchristian79 New Member

I know I've seen this talked about more here, but my searches aren't coming up with anything substantial. The only thing I can find is this post about a TSB for this issue:

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2188050&postcount=9

This is exactly what is occurring on my Ex. Sporadically and without any pattern, the Message Center will display "Check Advance Trac" and chime when I turn the vehicle off and remove the key. It flashes and chimes for a split second when it happens. I can't find any rhyme or reason to when it does it either. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.

According to the above TSB, I need a new Instrument Cluster to fix the issue. But my question is...does it hurt anything to leave it as is...other than being a minor annoyance. I can't imagine changing the instrument cluster would fix a mechanical or computer issue. And if that's true, than this issue really doesn't mean there is anything wrong with the Advance Trac right? Is there really a need to fix this issue if I can live with the sporadic chiming/message?

Also, has anyone else found another fix for this issue at all?

I'm just trying to find a way to avoid replacing an expensive instrument cluster to fix an issue that isn't anything more than an annoyance :)

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. jchristian79

jchristian79 New Member

Bump, anyone not have plans tonight and care to weigh in? :)

4. steng

steng New Member

Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2005 Explorer
    I am having same issue. I hope someone checks in