Check AT fluid level / what is the way to do this correct ? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Check AT fluid level / what is the way to do this correct ?

Daheim111

Reaction score
City, State
Germany / Thüringen
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Sport

The owners manual say: engine must be "on" when check the dipstick...

When I check the level with engine "off", the level is correct on the upper border to "hot"...

HELP !

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

if your trany has a dipstick for checking fluid normally you would check it with the engine warm and running in park then pull the dipstick out wipe it off first then put it back in the tube all the way then pull it out again and check the lever there are usually indicator marks on the stick for a '"cold" and "hot" setting. checking with the engine off you won't get an accurate reading on the stick.

Thanks / I did it now...after 700 ml (100 after 100 and same procedure 7 x with all gears 10 sec. in and engine running) Mervon LV it was in the correct position near "hot"...
Now: test drive and control in the engine bay / too many fluid will come out via the dipsticks hull...

700 ml and no leak: normal after 4 years and 2 years under special conditions (in Greece) ?

The owners manual say: engine must be "on" when check the dipstick...

When I check the level with engine "off", the level is correct on the upper border to "hot"...

HELP !
The entire procedure to properly check the transmission fluid level is described in the "Maintenance" section on page 334 of your Owner's Manual (4th print).

Peter

Yes, thanks @peterk9...
The prob for me was to accept, why my AT has so low fluid level...now after 700 ml and test drive on highway all is as before it means no problems...

700 ml = 3/4 U.S. Quart after 4 years ?

Back