• Register Today It's free!

Check Engine Light

Alex_Flores

Reaction score
City, State
Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 Explorer Sport Trac
I have installed an aftermarket Spectre Air Intake on my 07 ST 4.0. I've gotten the check engine light and am wondering what I can do to remove it. Here's what I have. I bought the cone, tube, and everything else separately. The Spectre intake tube wasn't really designed for the ST so I had to cut a whole for the MAF. I then sealed it in and everything fits good.it works fine and everything except I have the check engine light on and also sometimes whenever I turn on the truck it starts to shake like as if the engines shaking and I get the wrench light on. To remove the wrench light and for it to stop shaking I have to turn it off then back on. Any ideas what it might be? Doesn't happen all the time just sometimes, I would like to keep the intake and fix the problem. Oh and also I had taken it to get the code checked out and it says I need a better MAF sensor. Any help is appreciated thank you

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you are reading this I've also ceramic coated the tube it for the heat.

Easiest way to fix it is to take the aftermarket CAI and throw it in the garbage. Like some of my previous posts, you could have just sent me the money and I could have preformed a voodoo spell on your truck that would add more power then the CAI garbage. Odds are your truck doesn't like the nice warm air it is pulling off the top of the engine better than the cold air the factory setup pulls as it is a cold air intake.

When you relocate the MAF, you are changing the dynamics of the intake system. What is probably happening is that MAF is seeing either more or less air than before. So the MAF is saying that the engine is flowing one rate, when the STFT's are saying something different.

Do yourself a huge favor and put the factory intake back on.

-Matt

Even though the sensor portion of the MAF comes out, it is engineered to measure the amount of air going thru the oem housing, the diameter of the housing is critical. cutting a hole in the new tube and putting the sensor in it will throw everything off...

Even though the sensor portion of the MAF comes out, it is engineered to measure the amount of air going thru the oem housing, the diameter of the housing is critical. cutting a hole in the new tube and putting the sensor in it will throw everything off...

This.

Back