chop top 1 ton ex. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

chop top 1 ton ex.

Looking good

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

manged to shock myself through my gloves several times because they were soaked in sweat. it was so hot yesterday it wasnt funny...125 degree heat index

the driver side turned out batter then the passenger side but it still all looks like ****. flat body work isnt bad but this rounded stuff sucks. oh well ill cover it up.

13019961.jpg

d65cc22a.jpg

cfb6f590.jpg

I'm waiting on funds to replace the clutch, then paint. Maybe one day I can take it from a 2wd to a 4wd. If I did a 4wd conversion then I'd go for a solid axle from an early bronco (since that's a direct fit).

Right now it's rattle canned black. I plan on a two tone paint. Bottom part from the molding down black rest gloss red. The rest of the mods are in my signature.

The 4wd conversion will be many years down the road. I can't start this until i have another DD.

Thanks on the congrats.

;) Yes I understand, this work takes time and also money, and will be also the occupation with the baby.
But I'm sure one day you make your dream truck
:thumbsup:

:exp::exp:

:thumbsup: 86 slo-vo see photos of your work seems to be excellent.
Maybe a little more attention to your hands should avoid burns by accident.
125 ° ho ho .............. a cold air fan would do enormous good for you
Good luck and bravo
;)

:thumbsup: 86 slo-vo see photos of your work seems to be excellent.
Maybe a little more attention to your hands should avoid burns by accident.
125 ° ho ho .............. a cold air fan would do enormous good for you
Good luck and bravo
;)

no burns, just an electrical shock through the wet gloves...would probably give most people a good hit but after working at an electrical repair shop for a few years a while back they dont seem to bug me as much :p:

yea i had a nice 4ft fan but its being used else where right now so i have to do without.

no garage time for me tonight, another day in the heat today with 125 heat index and im shot.

:thumbsup:
Good luck.
A thought for you
;)

Got a little done this afternoon.

Artec battery tray along with new cable ends and new cold air.
86f177e5.jpg

e9e429c9.jpg

;) Good jod,
new equipment of good quality :thumbsup: , you have some place to put this box protection {i put in mine}

no garage time for me tonight, another day in the heat today with 125 heat index and im shot.

I hear ya on that buddy... it's just as hot here on Ft. Campbell. Granted I'm several hours south of you, but I do understand the heat killing the mood to work on your truck. I've been running a mowing crew for about 2 months and I do enjoy those overcast days.

I hear ya on that buddy... it's just as hot here on Ft. Campbell. Granted I'm several hours south of you, but I do understand the heat killing the mood to work on your truck. I've been running a mowing crew for about 2 months and I do enjoy those overcast days.

yea the first of the week deffinantly sucked, owensboro KY actually had the highest heat index in the world for 30 minutes lol we made the weather channel for once.

of course when it was hot out i was stuck outside on a shovel and yesterday and today i was working in the A/C when it cooled down outside. have to love construction.

got the roof almost finished up.
2145459a.jpg

b89a6d2e.jpg

then i got a little carried away with plasma.
82885737.jpg

70afb140.jpg

d64bc695.jpg

:wavey: Whoa!!!!!! great job again.
Looks like the "Monster Garage of Jesse" went through your home
I hope for you that the heat a little down :dpchug: :dpchug:
I wait for each reply of this thread with great excitement every time
BRAVO
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Cool Build. I hope to have the fab skills to do something like this someday!

the plasma slipped again today, somebody needs to get this thing away from me.

ca44637c.jpg

4b726264.jpg

833ecb06.jpg

102f7dbb.jpg

the scrap bin is getting full.
c476161f.jpg

hopin to pick up some plate tommorow.

at this point its getting tempting, but for now i really want to make the bed as big as possible. maybe down the road she will get cut down and truggied

you just have to pick up some tools and go to town, im all self taught.

:hammer: Everything seems so easy, so it was enough only a hammer and a plasma torch I plunge.
But I think you have other skills including knowledge welds

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This is nice! I like this build and very interested in following its progress, keep up the good posts.

Back