1. Tip...
    If you hold most smartphones sideways
    you can bring up a more full featured version of the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

cigarette lighter help

Discussion in '2001-2005 Explorer Sport Trac' started by rokr1292, July 20, 2011.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. rokr1292

rokr1292 Active Member

City, State:
    richardsville va
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    '01 Explorer Sport Trac
    The 12v socket on the side of my new high series console is confusing me.

Can anyone supply me with a picture of the back of theirs? I've wiretapped the positive and negative from the old plug, but there's no harness coming off of the back of the socket, just a green plastic piece, and a black plastic one that appears to be a plug into the back of it. The black plug has three holes in it that I thought maybe were where the wire leads went. It looks (sorry I didn't get a pic) like "oPb" two low holes and one high hole.

Does anyone know how to take the socket out?
    Or how I can attach my leads to it?
    or how I can remove the black" plug" if it is a plug?

Any help is much appreciated.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. ncranchero

ncranchero Co-moderator Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Denver,NC
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    '94 F150 4x4 SWB 4.9L
    IDK if you figured it out or not. Here is all I have photos of. I'll see if I can get more if you need them. The power point is a royal PITA to get out. I did it once but at this point don't remember the "trick".
    [​IMG]