Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

"Clamshell" Ford Bronco?

Discussion in '2020+ Bronco 6th Generation Bronco' started by Runnin'OnEmpty, June 30, 2019.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. Runnin'OnEmpty

Runnin'OnEmpty Well-Known Member

City, State:
    Southeast USA
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2000 Sport
    The MotorWeek Bronco video spy clip shows what might be a clamshell door setup similar to the Honda Element and the Toyota FJ Cruiser. The Bronco was camouflaged so it was hard to tell for sure, but there was a definite vertical line behind the front door opening. Or maybe Ford is tricking us?
    If it is a clamshell, that's brilliant marketing by Ford to have the ease of entry of a 4-door but still have the looks of a 2-door. What do you guys think?

2. Support EF

Special! - 2 Year Elite membership now through July 24 $20!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. 410Fortune

410Fortune River season Staff Member Moderator

City, State:
    7B Panhandle
    B2 Mod
    I think there is no way in heck they will make a 2 door again, it must have rear doors of some sort to access back seat
    The fj cruiser setup works very very well, I just hope the bronco does not have as many blind spots as the fj

4. Runnin'OnEmpty

Runnin'OnEmpty Well-Known Member

City, State:
    Southeast USA
    2000 Sport
    Yeah, 2 doors are going the way of the Dinosaurs seems like. Too bad. I could live with clamshells though; my SIL has an Element with them and they are convenient. In some ways better than true 4-doors.

The clip I saw didn't show the driver's side. Possibly the clamshell is only on the passenger side, like the Mini Clubman?
    Ford needs to show us more...