Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Clarion Camoflage Subwoofer

Discussion in 'Explorer Audio & Navigation' started by MrExplorer, September 23, 2002.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. MrExplorer

MrExplorer Active Member

City, State:
      Painesville.OH
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      97 Sport
      Does anybody own or heard the Clarion Camoflage Subwoofer? Crutchfield has it on blowout and wanted to see if anybody has had any experience with it? Nobody has it locally. I realize that being 40 watts that its not gonna rattle the tailgate off but it might be a economical way to add some more bass to a factory system.

http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/...sp?a=0&s=0&g=77100&id=essential_info&i=020FSU

Any thoughts?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Brandon4AU

Brandon4AU Wannabe "Elite Explorer"<br>sXc Member

City, State:
      Montgomery/Auburn, Alabama
      '96 XLT
      sounds pretty cool to me. Does it not work with an aftermarket HU though?

4. MrExplorer

MrExplorer Active Member

City, State:
      Painesville.OH
      97 Sport
      I think you have the options of line level OR RCA inputs.

5. NC-X

NC-X Member

City, State:
      Blacksburg, VA(school) Charlotte, NC(home)
      98 XLT 4x4
      I bought one of those of ebay about a year ago cause it was a really good deal. I sold it because it wasn't anywhere close to enough bass for me, but that could be expected. I don't think it sounded any better than the stock sub that came with the Mach stereo. If you don't have the stock sub and just want some more low tones in your music, then go for it though.

They can be hooked up with either RCAs or speaker level inputs.

6. SaleenEXP

SaleenEXP Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Boca Raton, Fl.
      Mountaineer
      It sounds like a good deal but like he said above it's most likely going to add very little thump/bass. Clarion makes awsome head-units but I don't like their subs.
      I have a Clarion DRX8675z Millenium Edition cd player that I got 2yrs ago and it's still better than the new head-units they have now. I would buy a sub and a seperate amp you'll be much happier. Can't beat MTX for the money. Get 1 10" MTX Thunder 6000 (or 8000 if you want it to drop hard) and a MTX amp. Or if you still want to use that little sidepocket, MTX also makes a much better sub/enclosure for that little pocket area.

I have 3 10" Thunder 6000s and they drop hard as hell but sound extremely clear because of the MTX sealed box. Powered by an MTX2300x amp, running about 750 watts rms.

7. SaleenEXP

SaleenEXP Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Boca Raton, Fl.
      Mountaineer
      Or... if your concerned about price but still want a nice sounding system, get a 5 Channel amp and one sub, and either you or your installer can wire it to/bypass the factory amp. That way you'll have 4 channels for your door speakers and one channel for your sub while you still can use the factory head unit.