Class D Amp

Sams01XplrSprt

Southern Cali Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Newport Beach California & Bay Area California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport (sold)
Hello I'm looking into getting 2 Alpine Type R 10" subwolfers for my 01 Explorer Sport.

Which Class D Amp should get for these subs.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you want to stick w/ alpine, why not the 500 watt class D amp from them, the mrd-500 or somethin, cant remember the number off the top of my head...

But there are a kajillion other choices if you look around.. Personally I like MA Audios offerings, I'm running the HK4000D right now, 4000 watts rms, but they make others from 400, 800, 1000, 1500 watts each. depends what voice coil configuration you have.

The alpine class Ds are nice, but a waste of money (unless money is no problem) For the power you can pick up a nice cadence, xtant, MTX amp that runs about 800-1000 watts at 1 ohm ( assuming you are getting the dual 4 ohm alpine type R subs)

These are good choices on amps.

But I am looking for something lil bit less expensive.

Anyone know any amps that are less expensive.

The Zeb has this Hifonics Amp on sale right now for $150. RMS = 450W @ 1 ohm, 300W @ 2 ohm

If you're getting your Type Rs as dual 4-ohm, you could wire them for a 1 ohm load and use this amp.

Attachments

• 2_4ohm_dvc.gif
    2_4ohm_dvc.gif
    12.7 KB · Views: 106

Hey Gimp

I was wondering you know that Hifonics amp you told me about it is it a Class D amp.

Back