1. Tip...
    If you hold most smartphones sideways
    you can bring up a more full featured version of the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Clear Corners & Billet Grille

Discussion in 'Performance Lighting' started by Greddy X-Plorer, December 20, 2004.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Greddy X-Plorer

Greddy X-Plorer Active Member

City, State:
      Arlington, Virginia
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      01 Infiniti QX4
      Could someone guide to a good quality clear corners and a comfortable price on a billet grille and that it looks really really good? I was looking at www.pacificie.com for the clear corners but I need someone to help find a good billet grille for my 98 X Eddie Bauer Series. I want one that I don't have to drill holes on and stuff like that.

Thanks, ;)

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. BuffaloXplorer

BuffaloXplorer The X had to go!

City, State:
      Buffalo, New York
      2006 Impala SS
      Your only no-mod grille option is the 25-bar overlay found on eBay. You won't find one for less than the $78 here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7941997559&category=33645

I got a 10-bar grille and did the cut-out - i think it looks very good and took little time. This is the cheapest ($39) you'll find this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7941647745&category=33645 Be advised, the picture is NOT the grille you will receive. They show the 25-bar overlay, but it is the 10-bar you'll get.

Clear corners can be gotten on eBay as well. Don't waste money on buying from a store for the corners, b/c they're all generally made at the same place and of the same quality. You should be able to find'em for about $35 shipped here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7942402246&category=33708

4. Greddy X-Plorer

Greddy X-Plorer Active Member

City, State:
      Arlington, Virginia
      01 Infiniti QX4
    5. BuffaloXplorer

City, State:
      Buffalo, New York
      2006 Impala SS
      Like i said, they're all pretty much the same. I've bought from PCP and F1Sport b4 and they're good sellers/stores.

6. 4X4Tribal

4X4Tribal New Member

City, State:
      South Yarmouth, MA
      1999 Explorer Sport
      No cut billet grille

Has anyone installed this particular no-cut billet grille? I just ordered one from the link but I'm just wondering how it looks compared to a cut out grille. :exp:

7. Bill Kemp

Bill Kemp Elite Moderator Emeritus Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
      Greenville, MI
      98 Mountaineer 5.0 AWD
      I had the Ebay billit grill on the 96 X. It was held on w/zip ties. I thought it was a poor way to hold it on but it worked great and looked good. I finally did remove it because on the 96 X I had to use a screw driver to open the hood. You wont have that problem w/a 98 though. I doubt that anyone but you will know how its held on.

8. BuffaloXplorer

City, State:
      Buffalo, New York
      2006 Impala SS
      Just wondering, but what's different on a '98 that would alleviate the latch-access problem? The access is determined by the amount of space between the bars, isn't it?

EDIT:

UNLESS!, the hood latch is no longer through the grille, but beneath the hood when popped(?)

9. Bill Kemp

Bill Kemp Elite Moderator Emeritus Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
      Greenville, MI
      98 Mountaineer 5.0 AWD
      Your EDIT is right on....I guess you could change hood latches although I dont know what is involved in doing that.

10. Afboy143

Afboy143 Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Tampa,FL
      1999 Ford Explorer Sport
      i have the 25 bar on my 99 explorer sport and I dont have to use a screw driver to open it. Yes it holds on with zip ties but it looks great, you cant even tell thats how its held it. Worth every penny if u ask me

[​IMG]

(I took the pic at a very low angle so you see where the ford logo is. Its very hard to see, I guess its just my luck on how I took the pic)