Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Clicking when I engage clutch pedal

Discussion in 'Transmissions & Transfer Cases' started by Blueranger90, July 24, 2011.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. Blueranger90

Blueranger90 New Member

City, State:
    yakima
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    90 xlt
    I have a 1990 ranger with m5r1 5 speed and When i engage clutch it makes a clicking. I put a new transmission, clutch, slave cyclinder, and drove it for two months and it did this when i first drove it but got really loud then went away and has been fine for several months it just started doing this off and on. Its not the throwout bearing. I put three two in it thinking that was the problem. Any ideas will help I am stumped...thanks

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. PopRichie77

PopRichie77 Well-Known Member

City, State:
    Quakertown, PA
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2001 Explorer Sport 4X4
    I don't know about the Ranger but some clutches, the clutch plate only goes in one way, if put in backwards the springs in the clutch plate rub or hit the crank bolts.