Climate (aircon) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Climate (aircon)

Fred163

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Ford Explorer
Whenever i turn on the aircon/climate the fan speed is always set to high automaticaly...any way to change this? thanks:)

Great car the explorer by the way...wish i have better mileage though...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Whenever i turn on the aircon/climate the fan speed is always set to high automaticaly...any way to change this? thanks:)

Great car the explorer by the way...wish i have better mileage though...

Do you have auto-climate control?

lol...aircon

Mine does this same thing. Wish I could change it. Annoying when it is off and I turn it off when it is 20 degrees outside and it blows full blast from a cold start. I have auto HVAC but rarely use it.

Dont hit auto, just hit the fan button (or turn the fan knob) and it will come on but not at full blast. Auto is there to get the cabin to the desired temp fast.

Dont hit auto, just hit the fan button (or turn the fan knob) and it will come on but not at full blast. Auto is there to get the cabin to the desired temp fast.

I have auto HVAC but rarely use it.

Still does it regardless of Auto HVAC or not being enabled.

Mine does this same thing. Wish I could change it. Annoying when it is off and I turn it off when it is 20 degrees outside and it blows full blast from a cold start. I have auto HVAC but rarely use it.
I have mine on Auto/Climate all the time. The fan doesn't increase speed until after about 4 minutes or so of driving.

Sounds like you should take it to the shop, or to the salesman to see if you are doing something that causes it. I have never noticed my 2011 doing this.

Same here?

Ok hitting the fan button works...but i have a new problem...the rear aircon does not turn on automatically...is the only way to turn on the rear aircon by using the screen?

Ok hitting the fan button works...but i have a new problem...the rear aircon does not turn on automatically...is the only way to turn on the rear aircon by using the screen?
Are you talking about the A/C system or the rear climate controls? Controls can vary depending upon which model and options you have.

When i turn on the front ac, the rear ac does not turn on automatically even though i have turned it on last time. Also there is no switch to turn the rear aircon on other than using the MFT screen?

When i turn on the front ac, the rear ac does not turn on automatically even though i have turned it on last time. Also there is no switch to turn the rear aircon on other than using the MFT screen?
In reading the owner's guide, it doesn't seem as though there is a separate control for rear A/C. I always have mine set on auto and because I'm the only one in the vehicle, I cannot tell whether the A/C is going through the rear vents or not. I'll have to go back there sometime when the A/C is running to check it out.

In reading the owner's guide, it doesn't seem as though there is a separate control for rear A/C. I always have mine set on auto and because I'm the only one in the vehicle, I cannot tell whether the A/C is going through the rear vents or not. I'll have to go back there sometime when the A/C is running to check it out.

I turn the aircOn on by pressing the fan button since i dont like using auto and if i press climate the fans automatically gets set in high. I always have passengers in the rear seats and they always say that the aircons are off.

I turn the aircOn on by pressing the fan button since i dont like using auto and if i press climate the fans automatically gets set in high. I always have passengers in the rear seats and they always say that the aircons are off.
The book says that in the 'Auto' mode, the A/C system automatically engages and it suggests using it with recirculated air for faster more efficient cooling. Max A/C does pretty well the same thing.
With Climate ON, you draw in outside air through the vents, likely not something you would want if the outside air is warmer and you're trying to cool the inside. I wasn't aware of this until I just read it so I'll make sure mine is set to OFF. No sense drawing in cold air while trying to heat the interior.
Things were so much simpler in the '60's. ;)

Personally I like the auto climate control. I have a different problem with the heater. I noticed that I get a lot of hot air coming from the defroster vents when in auto climate mode and temp set around 72 degrees F. I experimented and found the same thing happening in manual mode with the floor position selected. I then selected the floor+defrost mode and the air came mostly from the floor with very little coming out the defroster. Seems to me the modes are reversed. Also, I've had to change the temperature up and down a lot to get comfortable. The whole purpose of auto climate control is set it and forget it. My old 2000 Buick Regal works just great - any season same temp setting.

Personally I like the auto climate control. I have a different problem with the heater. I noticed that I get a lot of hot air coming from the defroster vents when in auto climate mode and temp set around 72 degrees F. I experimented and found the same thing happening in manual mode with the floor position selected. I then selected the floor+defrost mode and the air came mostly from the floor with very little coming out the defroster. Seems to me the modes are reversed. Also, I've had to change the temperature up and down a lot to get comfortable. The whole purpose of auto climate control is set it and forget it. My old 2000 Buick Regal works just great - any season same temp setting.
I also leave mine in Auto and the temp is set at 22C which equates to almost 72F. I find I get most of the air directed through the side window vents of the dash and floor and very little through the front defroster vents. I actually prefer this rather than having the air come through the dash center vents and end vents. If you want air blasting out of the front defroster vents just touch the front defrost button (top left) on the Sony touch panel. I don't find myself adjusting the temp at all. In fact at the current setting and wearing a heavier, warmer coat, it is actually a little too warm. FYI, I am the only occupant.
Happy New Year to you and yours. :dpchug:

Peter

auto heat control

After further checking, my ex is doing the same as yours only the side window vents put out really hot air when in the floor mode. So my face is hot and my feet cold. When in defroster mode less air comes out the side window vents and it is much cooler. Seems to me that more warm/hot air should come out the side window vents when in defroster mode, we are trying to defrost the windows - all of them - in that mode after all. I'm also wondering if my temp sensor might be less sensitive than it should be since I'm always having to adjust it +/- 3 degress F. That's 6 degrees - unacceptable.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back